Spotting .... again ...

And someone was saying a little ways back that the target line gave you the max distance you could see someone at?  I have the impression that this isn't the case, don't muzzle flashes sometimes let you spot and fire at enemies beyond the max area fire range?  I might be confused I haven't been playing any non CMBS night time battles in a while.  I think that's how it works tho and that's what makes sense to me too.  If its dark but not foggy you wouldn't be able to see the unlit building until you got close, so you couldn't area fire it.  But if dudes in the window open up at you, you see the flashes and shoot back.

Oh and last thing, some people were talking bout it as if each setting for weather has only one level, but I think I recall someone doing some weather testing at one point and they figured out their is some variation within each weather type.  So not just the interaction of the date/time + weather, but within the fog category it can be different levels of foggy. 

Edited by cool breeze