sbobovyc

Combat Mission: Modding tools

18 hours ago, kinophile said:

There's a load of civilian stuff (eg buses, trucks) that I'd like to insert. 

Now that's a damned fine idea.....Please let me know if you meet with success, I'd be more than willing to test them, extensively!  B)

I will make this special version publicly available for a limited time here https://bobovych.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/DWPbWtJplWF3C1Q

If you have a previous version of the plugins, uninstall them and install this version. Import a vehicle into Blender. For example, I have been using UAZ-469 as a test case. Try deleting the canvas and exporting the model. View the vehicle in the game, have it move around to check that wheels still work. How wheels and tracks work is the last major piece of the puzzle that needs to be solved. Next, try adding a mesh, camo net or big radio, to the vehicle. 

Any chance that this will be able to open the actual soldier models anytime soon? or am I just doing it wrong? It refuses to see anything outside of object models.

Can you provide any insight as to why it isn't accepting my textures?

On 4/8/2018 at 5:05 PM, Firehead said:

Any chance that this will be able to open the actual soldier models anytime soon? or am I just doing it wrong? It refuses to see anything outside of object models.

Can you provide any insight as to why it isn't accepting my textures?

The mdr tools only support static objects. Show us your texture files, maybe we can debug them.

1 hour ago, kinophile said:

I'm curious, @sbobovyc, are you/we able to access those godawful artillery impact animations? 

Have not looked into them, but I suspect that they are just quads created at run time.