Combat Mission: Modding tools

1 minute ago, sbobovyc said:

I just pushed an update to unmdr which makes it compatible with Python 3 and from now on I will be developing it as a Python 3 codebase. This will ensure a smooth transition into a Blender plugin.

Thanks for your continuing work on this. I'm sure there will be a flood of interest once we have a working export script for blender.

On 30.10.2016 at 1:34 AM, sbobovyc said:

I just pushed an update to unmdr which makes it compatible with Python 3 and from now on I will be developing it as a Python 3 codebase. This will ensure a smooth transition into a Blender plugin.

Excellent, seems it's working now as it should, a lot of files were unpackt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, sbobovyc said:

Figured out how transparency on some vehicle windows worked. Instead of alpha channel in the texture file, the object's meta data in the mdr file contains a float constant representing the alpha value for that object's material.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B982H8gQa3LZT0lodDh1TXJKeDA/view?usp=sharing

Do you have a byte address?

python3 unmdr.py -p -v myfile.mdr > out.txt

Now, open out.txt with any text editor and search for "Alpha." Every sub-model will have an alpha constant except for the very first one. Right above this output, will be a bunch of hex addresses followed by a float:

0x35884 1.000000
0x35888 0.000000
0x3588c 0.000000
0x35890 0.000000
0x35894 12.800000
0x35898 1.000000 // This is alpha
Alpha 1.000000

Using your hex editor, you can modify the float at 0x35898 to change the object alpha.

Edited by sbobovyc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, sbobovyc said:

I have a very basic Blender mdr exporter script :)

Superb - I congratulate you! There are lots of ideas for alternative objects; Vehicles, ( lorries, buses), train coaches, storage containers, skips, industrial plant machinery (silos), greenhouses, satellite phone masts, electricity pylons.... 

* Barricades!!

Edited by The Steppenwulf

10 hours ago, sbobovyc said:

Can you show me the whole command you are executing? Are you using Python 3?

I used Python 2.7.13

I still don't know why it shows 99%, but I found the unpacked  .brz file in a other location - My C:\Users\folder. And it seems that all is well, thank you for your work! 

Is there a way to set a different place for the unpacked file? My C:\ drive has little space...

9 hours ago, tankcrew said:

I used Python 2.7.13

I still don't know why it shows 99%, but I found the unpacked  .brz file in a other location - My C:\Users\folder. And it seems that all is well, thank you for your work! 

Is there a way to set a different place for the unpacked file? My C:\ drive has little space...

You can use the -o flag to specify an output directory.

Fantastic tool - It's a massive thumbs up from me. Good idea to provide some instructions with the import/export scripts for beginners, though it's texture mapping that I find challenging with blender for some reason. Regardless I must get to work with this soon enough!

Thanks sooo much for all your work on this!

Edited by The Steppenwulf

• 4 weeks later...