Battle of Kherson

BattleofKh7580.png

Gentlemen,

As you have probably seen I floated the idea of a grand PvP campaign a few weeks ago.  I received a fairly large response from both veteran and new CM players wanting in on the action. I have finished the back story and the individual team briefs as well as the rule set that both teams will use during this inaugural campaign.  This thread will be where I post the status of each battle and the progression of the campaign as a whole.  Both teams are experienced fighters and both will be ready to kick off the campaign within the coming days.  If you would like to view the rules that we have come up with the link is down below along with a link to a 4K Hi-Res copy of the campaign map.

Here are the two teams that will be going head to head in "The Battle of Kherson"

NATO Team

Tyrspawn - General

INinja

Ridethe415 

Emccabe

Fivefivesix 

Schmoly War

Russian Team

Apocal - General

Tigerwulf 

Piejoe21 

Kraft 

Magnum 

Marco2Marzo

Link to 4K resolution campaign map:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/wykyp2bvs0dr0qa/Battle_of_Kherson_Camp_Map.png

Campaign Rules v1.2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgeyW5dO3VBFTIT2XqpPyWBD37Hx_s---81kJZQ9VgM/edit

Edited by xIGuNDoCIx

We are a flexible group and I am sure that as changes come from patches we will adjust accordingly. If the QB point changes are so significant they wreck players armies we will adress it and come up with a solution.

I do plan on providing the community with SITREPS as the campaign runs its course. I will have to be careful with what I post as neither team will know what their enemy is fielding in their armies.

We also recognize that this is going to take a while to complete with the biggest hurdle being completing battles within the two week time frame. We also realize that there is a high chance that not all the players who start the campaign will be around to finish it. We have made provisions and taken steps to deal with and when it happens.

I don't know this whole thing will be running for a while why wait.  If you just factor in an adjustment for when new forces arrive all will be well.  So, if both sides spend 90 000 now and start playing.  Then when any patch comes out if one side's force ends up actually costing 93 000 with the new patch then when they get the next 10 000 points they only get 7000.  All good.

****Breaking News****

BRB News Network

Russia reinforced what Western and Ukrainian officials described as yet another invasion on Wednesday [April 7th 2018], sending armored troops across the Crimean border as it expanded the conflict to a new section of Ukrainian territory. The latest incursion, which Ukraine’s military said included multiple companies of Russian Federation  units to include Armor, Mechanized Infantry, Artillery, and Russian Air Force support, was at least the third movement of troops and weapons from Russia across the southeastern part of the Crimean border this week. NATO has replied in kind to this new threat by re-deploying a Task Force compromised of several companies of US/UKR Armor , Mechanized Infantry, Mobile Artillery, and NATO led air assets.

The US administration,  “has asserted over the past week that the Russians had moved artillery, air-defense systems and armor to capture the bridges spanning the Dnieper River in Kherson Ukraine. The Russian aim, one Western official said, “may possibly be to seize an outlet to the sea in the event that Russia tries again to establish a separatist enclave in eastern Ukraine.”  ‘These incursions indicate a Russian-directed offensive is likely underway’, stated Willis O’Brien, the State Department spokesman .  At the department’s daily briefing in Washington, Mr. O’Brien also criticized what he called the Russian government’s ‘unwillingness to tell the truth’ that its military had yet again sent soldiers as deep as 30 miles inside Ukraine territory.”

According to the Western press, this shows that the November  7th 2017 ceasefire agreement, signed by NATO, the Ukrainian government and the Russian Federation as the West breathed a collective sigh of relief, is now "collapsing." Since its signing, the accord has been "battered," "doubtful," "strained," "shaky," and "crumbling." Two days ago, Washington told Moscow to obey the truce. Today, Moscow told Washington to do the same. Consider this April 3rd 2018 headline, from the World Financial Times: "Heaviest Shelling Since Truce Renews Fears of Another Ukraine War."  All of this implies that the ceasefire never existed in the first place.

The world patiently waits as yet another clash between NATO and the Russian Federation looms on the horizon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK CM community the back-story has been laid, armies have been chosen and orders have been given.  The two teams are busy finalizing their initial deployments as you are reading this news wire.  This is shaping up to be a big conflict as I have been privy to both sides forces.  Believe me when I say that both teams are well organized and primed to lay some hate and discontent upon their enemies!   Stay tuned as the campaign for "The Battle of Kherson" will be kicking off shortly!

~ xIGuNDoCIx

• 2 weeks later...

92404566e783d725344a10c6e906542f.png

Sorry for keeping you guys in the dark for the last couple of weeks but rest assured both teams have been busy jockeying their companies into position and they didn't want to "show their hand" too early.  We are now on Turn 7 of the campaign and both teams have made initial gains in securing several VPs (Victory Points) that will grant them a surplus pool of points to re-arm and refit their companies as they begin to take losses.  The Objective of this campaing is to be the team that takes control of both major river crossings located at the bridges East of Kherson and North West of Nova Kakhovka.  Currently each team holds one of the bridges each.

This week also marks the start of the very first battles to take place during this campaign as they have now made contact with one another.  First up is a battle of tanks!  We have two very deadly tank companies going head to head in fairly open terrain which should provide some great action.  Will the more advanced optics of the US forces prevail or will the brute force of the Russian army prove too much to handle?  There is also the addition of a UKR Tank Company and a US Mech Inf Company located to the South of the battlefield.  It will be interesting to see how Red deals with these other Blufor units later on.

The second battle taking place is Blue Teams Recon Company vs Red Teams Mechanized Infantry Company, this should be a pretty good battle as both companies are highly maneuverable yet still pack a punch!  Red does have a Infantry Company located in one of the VPs north of the battlefield which could come into play later on depending on how this battle unfolds.

Both teams will have two weeks to complete their battles using the guidelines below:

• Meeting Engagement (unless players want to do other gametypes to suit their battles but just make sure that each side can accommodate their point totals, I know in certain game types points can be kinda lopsided and there is the "attack setup in defender spawn" bug that happens from time to time)
  • Time of Day  - Player Choice
  • Weather - Player Choice (I would opt for random as no one really has control of the weather)
  • Play Type - PBEM/TCPIP = Player Choice
  • Turns - I strongly suggest nothing more than 30-45 turns for PBEM, TCPIP = Player Choice
  • Rarity - Standard
  • Size - make them "Huge" to ensure both teams have enough points to field their units and any support assets they may have
Fight your battles in the two week period, report results with end game screen shots.  It is also the Companies owner to keep track of his KIA units at the end of the game so he knows what he lost and what he may need to refit.  Only be concerned with vehicles/squads that have been completely knocked out/destroyed or killed outright.  Immobilized vehicles will be considered recovered only if the player who owns it is the victor of the battle.  If not its a total loss and must be repurchased.

As always you can view the current campaign rule set here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgeyW5dO3VBFTIT2XqpPyWBD37Hx_s---81kJZQ9VgM/edit
Edited by xIGuNDoCIx