Is CMFI up to date ?

Hi !

Are CMFI and the GL module up to date ?

I know you can buy the Engine Version 3, but do i need it if i buy the CMFI and GL bundle now ?

Has CMFI all Engine V3 features just like RT ?

Are the scenarios updated to use AI triggers ?

Will there be any updates for CMFI incoming, i heard they put it on the sideline and focus on CMBN and CMRT, is that true ?

Thats confusing...

The CMBN and CW bundle is already updated to V3 but the CMFI and GL bundle not ?

Ales Dvorak, if i understand you correct you say the bundle (CMFI and GL) is already engine V3 ?

Can someone clarify please.

I also heard CMFI uses a older copy protection then CMBN and CMRT...totally confusing...

Edited by Wiggum15

So i have to buy the bundle (CMFI + GL) and then buy the CMFI V3 update to be completely up to date ?

No need to install any patch ?

Is it planned to update the CMFI + GL bundle to V3 any time soon ?

Edited by Wiggum15

Its just confusing that the CMBN + CW bundle is already v3 but CMFI + GL not.

The CMFI + GL bundle is already 10$ more expensive but still lacks the v3 Update ?!

And again, i heard that CMFI uses a older copy protection and licensing model then CMBN and CMRT, looks like they really put it on the sideline for some reason.

Sorry, if the CMFI + GL bundle would be "up to date" it would be v3.

I dont want to spend 85$, as if 75$ is not enough already...why the hell do they need to make it that complicated i mean they could just take my money but looks like they dont want it.

Edited by Wiggum15

The Bundle is up to date,after the patch and upgrade.If i remember the title was going to be a series of mods and BF took it's maker and project onboard and turned it into a game in it's own right.The V2 version was excellent anyway and was the first version of that particular engine into the bargain before CMBN.The next module,if it happens will probably be the one that takes it to V3.Now i'm guessing though.The bundle on it's own though is still very much playable.

It's an age old argument that came with CMFI and the new engine also,people complaining about paying the extra for upgrading the other titles.BF has always said each version of the engine is still playable in it's own right,wether you want the goodies the new versions offer is entirely down down to yourself.They are not a patch,they are new versions of the game.

Edited by Banex

And again, i heard that CMFI uses a older copy protection and licensing model then CMBN and CMRT, looks like they really put it on the sideline for some reason.

Who gives a flying... what DRM system any title uses. It is not something that matters to us in the slightest. I have no idea what you are talking about sidelines for either they don't work on five things at once so some titles have to wait their turn. I suppose that games could wait on the sidelines, that could work.

Its just confusing that the CMBN + CW bundle is already v3 but CMFI + GL not.

The CMFI + GL bundle is already 10$ more expensive but still lacks the v3 Update ?!

Actually, it's CMSF that uses the older Copy Protection...CMBN, CMFI, CMRT uses the newer version ( along with the newer Modern Titles ).

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

For the hours of fun these titles give,just buy it.My com fried last year,with it all my account details,passwords etc.To hell with it i bought the whole lot again and opened a new account.You might think these titles are expensive but they are well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wiggum, I took the time to go to the BFC store and yep, it looks like if you purchase the download only CMFI + GL bundle for $75 that you do indeed have to spend another $10 for the Upgrade to be completely up to date.

I did some further checking, and it doesn't look like there have been any further patches released since the 3.0 upgrade.

So, $85 total to have a completely current version of CMFI + GL.

Whether or not it's worth it is completely up to you. It's totally worth it for me, and I spent full price for the base game, GL, and the patch, as separate purchases.

If it makes you feel better, I agree with you that BFC ought to go ahead and include the 3.0 Upgrade with the purchase of the CMFI + GL bundle. But then, I don't make my living running a computer wargaming company.

The point is that the v3.0 Update is included in CMBN standalone and the CMBN bundle but not so with CMFI, thats strange.

Patience. I think it is simply a matter that BF feels can wait until their next CMFI project so they kill two birds with one stone. Why tackle the creation of the master loader for CMFI when you know eventually there is a module coming? Resource management is one thing BF is good at.