Donetsk Airport map

@snake_eye It may not have shown due to rendering on your video but if not  - your runway could do with some markings.

The image below is taken at the threshold of the runway on one of my unfinished CMSF maps:

Runway.thumb.jpg.313416940b44e7129e1915c4658b58fc.jpg

Although it is a little time-consuming, it is pretty easy to do and really adds to the visual appeal or what is otherwise just a mass of concrete - you just have to be creative with highway and rough tiles. It is It would really finish off what looks like an awesome map.

PM me if you want me to send you the .btt file (presuming that you still have CMSF) to show you how I did it.

Good point Combatintman.

Since ancient times the Infantry (dismounted) has always been considered and rightly called the Queen of battles.

Now that we have mounted Infantry, parking lots seem a necessity.

No parking lots, no Infantry. At least it should work that way ...:D

Edited by snake_eye

3 hours ago, snake_eye said:

Good point Combatintman.

Since ancient times the Infantry (dismounted) has always been considered and rightly called the Queen of battles.

Now that we have mounted Infantry, parking lots seem a necessity.

No parking lots, no Infantry. At least it should work that way ...:D

Yea, but I bet Mech Infantry don't have to worry about getting their parking validated....just sayin'

The map is looking awesome.  Can't wait to get this as a QB map....

6 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Pedestrian gamers.

Bloody cyclists...  Hope they get off off airport parking (ie: on the other side of the map).  

What am looking forward to is the potential for longer range (1Km-2Km) fire situations.  That is extremely rare in CM2.

Great news, I am nearing the end of the first Donetz QB Map 3900 x 2700. The next one, 6300 x 2700 will be covering the end of the runway, all the way down to Pisky (see the map).

My intent is to release it before I leave early thursday morning. I only have to finish the red tinted are of Vesele. That should not take too much time, since I only have houses to put in.

I have had to restrain myself putting down too many flavor object, since they will take their part of load on the CPU. I prefer to let you have some game fluidity instead of too many details, which will not help you, while fighting a battle.

The following pictures will show the landmarks of the Donetz airport area and some will be able therefore to set up their battle the way they like. I will not pretend that this is the most accurate map which has been ever done about Donetz on CMBS, but it is close to what I dreamed of when I decided 2 years ago to make it. It was a painful and slow work, due to some testing and numerous leaves away from home. I also, had to let aside the first WIP done following a scale error I had made while using an overlay. That was a good lesson and believe me I have not done, ever since the same mistake.

I really hope that you will found in that QB map what you are expecting and that you will play numerous battles on it.

I will post the download link as soon as possible.

Cheer

CM Black Sea 2017-07-01 18-56-13-68.jpg

CM Black Sea 2017-07-01 18-56-25-82.jpg

CM Black Sea 2017-07-01 18-57-25-11.jpg

CM Black Sea 2017-07-01 18-58-10-13.jpg

CM Black Sea 2017-07-01 18-58-45-81.jpg

@snake_eye

Small remark - right spelling is Kyivs'kyi (eng. Kievan) - without capital K after apostrophe. The apostrophe also can be ignored - it just signs soft consonant, in English phonetics it's mostly ignored for more simple writing.

Edited by Haiduk

Thanks Haiduk, your post is just on time for the name to be corrected. I am testing QB right now. Release map size will be 4550 x 2700. If nothing wrong happens I think I could upload it tomorrow.

Chudacabra,

I will do a scenario later on, but I will not do a campaign. IMHO the core units are difficult to set correctly, since you can never be sure of the amount of casualties an that will offset the reinforcements you have thought might be needed.

Name of the QB map:

Donetz airport (4550 x 2700)attack.btt

Thanks to all of you for your renewed patience along these long months. Just one more effort, I have sent my request to be an author with FGM. I should have done it earlier,  but RL made me let it aside ! So, right now I am waiting for the administrator to open my account and hen I will be able to upload the QB Map.

Finally, the map size is 4550 x 2700. I have made some testing but if something sound weird, well just let me know. I rushed the final testing in order to be able to release it before leaving. I might not be able to do it, but once I will get the account, I will do the utmost to do it very quickly.

I have to remind you that the Red  side (the Russians) is attacking the airport and that the Blue side (the Ukrainians) is defending it and or counter attacking.

I have noticed that since the map is long it takes some time for the tracks and or vehicles to move in position. I think that it will be best to play the Ukrainian side and to do so in WEGO in order to have a good Situation Awareness. Beware not to set the time limit too low. I think that one hour is the least that should be used, considering the time it takes to move the units.

In any case if some of you are not satisfied by the size of the map, it can be copied and then modified to what please you the most.

I think that the battle will be very different from what I have seen on some QB map. That being the result of its size.

Let me know what you like and or dislike on it and while playing it. Your remarks are highly needed in order to improve a designer ability and to make him also aware of its errors. All of us are doing some and the best way to get rid of them is to know about them, right ? No.

I will open a new post for the map as soon as it is uploaded. A last thing. I have not done any briefing. Have a good and numerous time playing it. Just do not forget to give me credit of it if you are using it differently.

Cheer

2 hours ago, Bootie said:

I authorised this a week or so ago... check your spam mail please as you should have got sent an email offering to change your password and the like.

Edit*  check your spam from Thursday 6th July thats when I added you.

Snap 2017-07-10 at 15.41.41.png

Thanks Bootie. However I have not received, unless I have made a mistake, any spam having something to do with my request. Could you  send a Copy of it in BF message.  I am away from home, till 22nd or 23rd July, with my tablet and I have An erratic internet connection ! Upon its receipt I will attempt to load the file.

Remaining,

Greg

Edited by snake_eye