3BM42 defeats T-90A upper hull armor protected by Kontakt-5

*SPOILER ALERT* 

i'm very unlucky in my games, LOL this should not happen, getting my ass kicked in gargarina checkpoint as the russians and rage quit ! The tank then proceeded to massacre my troops crossing the open field.. I decided to attack just as the ukrainian tanks arrived.

Edited by antaress73

So it seems I lost two dice rolls in a row.. The bulat detected and shot me first (low probability of that happening according to battles I simulated T-90a vs bulat, usually ends 6-1 for the t-90a with only one hit from a bulat and that at 500 meters !) AND kontakt-5 failed the dice roll OR it hit somewhere not protected on the upper hull front (the hit decal is over a protected area though). That's really bad luck !

they dont say when.. I had one t-90 with the gun destroyed (the HQ one) so I removed him from the fight to keep the HQ link alive and another T-90 was destroyed by a frontal hit by a SKIF on the front upper hull. This was my last surviving tank and I got unlucky. Then my troops were in middle of the field with the BMPs and their only protection was that tank. BMPs caught moving in the open by tanks are easy meat. Those Bulat tanks were veteran also.

The next attempt at this scenrario  was much more successful. I restarted the game just before the first T-90A was killed by the SKIF.  I did the exact same thing but managed to micro-manage my tanks enough to avoid the SKIF kill (popped smoke manually and went hull down so only the turret was exposed, the SKIF cant penetrate the turret frontally)  so I had two tanks left to face the Bulats. They destroyed them easily and the rest was just mopping up.

Edited by antaress73