US delivers armor to baltics

CommC

edit: sniped!

I prefer saboted.

there are a couple panels facing up and out near the loader's hatch.  Are they armor plates for the loader's MG or some kind of sensor?

Loader's gunshield.  It's more obvious with the MG installed, although I likely could have caused some havoc by claiming it's the radar system for the "eliminator" laser defense system before pnzldr or some other armor guy shut me down.

I assume there is no APS on those.

No APS for now.  There's supposed to be some sort of system called "quickkill" that's coming out on the Armata time scale of "SOON!" for the last three years.  The CMBS assumption we just buy up as many Trophy units as possible seems like the most likely way we see M1s with APS soon though.

CommC,

Nice footage! Abrams, Hercules and a Gavin (absolutely couldn't resist saying that last). A certain European leader is going to need incontinence garments when watching this at his PDB. In the interests of standardization if nothing else, why don't the Marines operate the same type of Abrams as the Army? The notion of voluntarily choosing not to have a CITV strikes me as insane. Or worse.

That crystal clear footage you provided was, of course, on the heels of some rather interesting Estonian military parade participants. Putin should look on the bright side, though. Why? At least this force hasn't engaged in weeks of gigantic military exercises on his doorstep!  Unfortunately for him, they brought along lots of friends. It's good to have friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3AA8grJ9wo

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

So have the Baltic States actually purchased the Abrams then? Putin won't like that at all! :D

And if so BF really must include Latvia, Estona and Lithuania in the NATO expansion. It might have to be a Western European NATO and and Eatern European NATO. Not that any of us woud mind if the NATO expansion were split into two parts which it might have to be

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-P05uRDGPU

Same scene with the ship, now with red, white and blue commentary.

Also amusing, the translated title of this video is "On board the Freedom arrived in Riga polite black people, Abrams tanks and BMP Bradley". Polite Black Men>Polite Green Men

I've never given much thought to the accuracy of the vehicle sounds. But it struck me how much those M1s sounded exactly like the M1s in game. And those Strykers sounded spot on as well.

In the OP video at 0:25, it's amazing how much an M1 sounds like Imperial kit from Star Wars.

In the interests of standardization if nothing else, why don't the Marines operate the same type of Abrams as the Army? The notion of voluntarily choosing not to have a CITV strikes me as insane. Or worse.

I'm sure there's enough mechancial similarity between the Marine and Army Abrams that spare parts isn't an issue. As for why they don't use the exact same tank, that's primarily due to the low slice of the budget the USMC gets. Combine that with "every mean a rifleman," the expeditionary role as envisioned and now returning to, and the belief that the Army would always supply the endless fields of tanks, the Marines have never focused heavily on their tank forces. If memory serves, your average MEU of 3000 Marines only has a platoon of tanks assigned.

Edit: That said, I'm sure the HC FEP is a very capable platform.

Edited by Codename Duchess