has anyone seen any troops close attack tanks.with just grenades.in bs?

I did.

When making some tests I accidentally put two enemy forces mixed toghether, and the tanks slaughtered each other in a minute. One surviving T-84 of mine was the only standing and started shooting at crews and infantry. I let the AI do everything, the tank moved around a bit on its own until it was hit by a small explosion on top of the turret or hull, and the tank was marked as destroyed (crew also leaving it). There was an enemy infantry squad nearby and they got the kill, but no AT asset was used.

They are definitely way more reluctant to throw, I think they run a check against the armour and see that there is almost no way or something.

Or maybe they're just proper convinced that if they do anything other than hide as best they can, the armour will see them with its modern optics and blast them into bloody fragments with its HMG or autocannon or airburst HE.

Those aren't grenades. It is supposed to be a representation of the soldiers storming the tank, prying the hatches open and murderizing those inside. 

Which is a lot harder to do against a modern tank than WWII ones. So it's less common, but can still happen.

Those aren't grenades. It is supposed to be a representation of the soldiers storming the tank, prying the hatches open and murderizing those inside. 

Which is a lot harder to do against a modern tank than WWII ones. So it's less common, but can still happen.

Can you even open the hatches from outside? Isnt there some sort of mechanism that locks it from inside?

Can you even open the hatches from outside? Isnt there some sort of mechanism that locks it from inside?

I know how it goes with CV9030FIN.

I am in the Finnish army as a CV9030 gunner. CV has locks on all of the hatches, but all of them can be opened really fast with a sledgehammer. It is a safety feature in case of accident. Also enemy can shoot through the periscopes, when shooting from a high angle. So, we cant really keep someone determined from getting in indefinitely. Although we have pistols and lots of grenades to help protect ourselves.

Abstraction in abstraction, not just the crew hatches, there are other vital parts of the tank that can be accessed by a trained military assaulter. So I belive CM abstracts the Whole concept of "infantry hand-to-hand combat vs a tank in a modern warfare setting".

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Abstraction in abstraction, not just the crew hatches, there are other vital parts of the tank that can be accessed by a trained military assaulter. So I belive CM abstracts the Whole concept of "infantry hand-to-hand combat vs a tank in a modern warfare setting".

Pretty much.  The M1/M2's hatches are pretty doubtful to get open without some doing*, but there's some things a very lucky guy might be able to figure out in terms of doing damage.  I imagine this is the case with all AFVs.

*As in beyond what some random dude hopping up on the tank could do