Trying Again. Poll-What would you most like to see for a new CMBN Pack?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these items would you most like to see in a new CMBN Pack/ (please limit choices to two)

• US Rangers and british Commandoes
    • Free French Forces
    • Ostbattalions and Stragler Companies
    • French Resistance
    • More Combat Vehicles: e.g. Brummbar, Wasp, Tetrarch
    • More Support Vehicles: e.g. Sdkfz7, Beep, Horsch Auto
    • Amphibious Vehicles and Assualt Boats and Rafts
    • More Terrain Choices perhaps with new Master Maps
    • More Campaigns and Scenarios

Okay, i got it to work in the support forum. Lets see if it will work here.

Yes! You have to get it right in the first post or it doesn't work seemingly.

Edit 2. Speaking of getting it right the first time, it looks like I didn't allow for multiple choices. I tried to go back and allow them but I can't seem to edit it.

Edited by Sequoia

Free French. The base game already had a weak argument for it; as it stretched into August and we have the 2nd Free French Armored; but that can easily be captured with the US forces to hand and some imagination.

However, the First French Army that lands in Dragoon was a very different beast; with a significant amount of French small arms and more traditional French uniforms in addition to the US equipment we see. I think it warrants a pack more so than, say, Ost units, which can easily be captured by placing a very poor Grenadier unit on the map. We also have the race issue, the 2nd Armored was all-white on US insistence, but the French First Army was made up of a majority of North African colonial troops.

Retro-grading tactical amphibious vehicles would be awesome, but a bit of a stretch. In fact I'm pretty sure any pack at this point in time would be a stretch - but one can hope!

Edited by Rinaldi

I voted for French Resistance, because I would love to see some type of "combatant" forces represented in CMBN, using the same rules as the combatants in Shock Force i.e. can become invisible on densely populated areas.

However I will also repeat my previous comment:

Boats or amphibious vehicles (like the DUKW and DD Sherman), various flavors of supply trucks (with ALL types of ammo available)[unless I've missed something in the editor?], and more options for on-map artillery pieces (Towed, or Self Propelled Artillery).

That would pretty much do it for me.

I could vote for a few of these and they're no reason why they couldn't include several of these into one pack. The top picks would be:

Amphibious craft

Rangers/Commandos

New Vehicles

French Resistance

Campaigns and maps

However, It'd be hard to call it a Vehicle Pack when you've got campaigns, battles and maps - almost like a full module.

Ost Conscripts forces and Free french can be simulated easy enough with current OOBs.

**My biggest and most desired function is to be able to demo certain objectives such as a bridge, building or railroad track. They REALLY need this functionality.

Edited by Pak40

We also have the race issue, the 2nd Armored was all-white on US insistence, but the French First Army was made up of a majority of North African colonial troops.

True at the beginning, but as the war wore on and more French territory was liberated, more white Europeans were taken up including those who had been trained in the Resistance.

Michael

Maultiers (The mobile rocket launcher half tracks)? Kangaroos, etc.

As cool as they are, Maultier rocket launchers really don't belong in the game. It's an indirect fire platform that belongs off map, and that's where it already is: Units -> Purchase (Axis) -> German Army (or Waffen SS, or Kriegsmarine) -> Artillery -> Rocket Battery [light]

Kangaroos are already in the game.

etc. is already in the game too ;)

Edited by JonS

I think a campaign featuring the new stuff from the vehicle pack (with a bundle deal) would be a low-hanging fruit for BattleFront. I know how much they appreciate business advice on this forum :)

Well, I'd be interested at least. Would need to be Monteburg-quality though. Believable, sensible, and realistic scenarios, with credible briefings.

Edited by Bulletpoint

One possible issue for a Scenario/Campaign pack is whom do you aim it at? Just the initial game? Commonwealth Module owners ?Commonwealth Module and Market Garden owners ? If you make a campaign for the Vehicle pack you're probably limiting your buyer pool quite a bit. On the other hand making new scenarios and campaigns takes up no programing time and may boost sales of a module or the Vehicle Pack.

One possible issue for a Scenario/Campaign pack is whom do you aim it at? Just the initial game? Commonwealth Module owners ?Commonwealth Module and Market Garden owners ? If you make a campaign for the Vehicle pack you're probably limiting your buyer pool quite a bit. On the other hand making new scenarios and campaigns takes up no programing time and may boost sales of a module or the Vehicle Pack.

Yeah, that's a bit of a downside to the "fragmented" approach they currently take. Splits up the user base.

But they could make several smaller packs. One for the base game, a quality campaign of, say, 5 scenarios. Then one for the owners of Market Garden. One for the vehicle pack.. etc.

And I think that making a bundle deal could help shift the vehicle pack to those of us who don't play multiplayer or quick battles. There might be quite a few of us.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I hope you all understand that most of the scenario's made are from players. Not the designers. Now they might be on the beta tester group for the most part, but these guys are not getting paid for their work.

I think there is a additional reason we are not seeing more scenarios being added at the pace we once did that no one is thinking about.

Yes CMx2 take longer to make and they require more skills to do one correctly - with that said, it has removed some of us having the time to create them.

But the reason I want to point out is, I think those people that are still doing it and are creating good scenarios have mostly all been snatched up to help provide stuff for the new releases. So they do not have time to sit and create stuff for already released products.

So you can all wish for BF to kick out more scenarios, but with the demand for new games, equipment and other time periods to be portrayed, which BF has done a good job of increasing the amount of work they are pushing out to us. We will not be seeing much more added to existing titles until some of us users start sitting down and becoming scenario designers ourselves and start posting our work.

That is how most of the good scenarios designers started out, we just need to get a new group of guys willing to do it for CMx2 products.

I found I did not create scenarios back in the CMX1 days until I ran out of stuff to play that was out there. Then I found I really enjoyed creating battles I wanted to see instead of just relying on someone else's interest. At some point I started releasing them for others to use once I felt good about the level of detail I was placing in them.

I create stuff in the CMX2 games also (but nothing to a level of detail for releasing as a proper scenario , but I just have not found the need to create much anymore since I have not even managed to keep up with playing all the stuff that is available presently.

But it sounds like to me, there is plenty of you that have played and replayed every thing available. - its time to dive in and learn to support the hobby and create scenarios yourself.

SNOW

and early war

Snow is pretty rare in North West Europe in June-to-September. Settling snow even more so.

"Early war" is an odd thing to ask for in a unit pack expansion to the Normandy game.

There's a reason the poll is a good idea, and it's to cut out spurious suggestions like this.