Trenchant analysis of post-Soviet playbook & why Crimea's not the same

John,

Thanks, for clarifying about the video. I thought it was fascinating too.

Anybody,

After watching the trenches being made by Putin next to the highway, that got me wondering. If a tank is entrenched, what methods do we have for them to crawl back out. Since my grandfather was a tank commander WWII, I hope they have new ways which really could help Ukraine at the moment defend their country. I was asking around home, someone came up with an interesting idea of stretching a strong weaved material that is light into or across the breadth of these holes pinned down with posts all manufactured to withstand a tank driving over. Someone here wove using ribbon around a steel tooth comb which made a nice surface, but in terms of atank anybody figured out yet how to make this work for tanks? What if AFV's could be used instead of poles holding it in place. ATV's could be driven onto the fabric to hold it in place. Question is do they have a fabric strong enough after reverse engineering many things.

Edited by Do Right

tzrr4GHb.jpg

Going back to WW2 there have always been ways for tanks to bridge trenches and craters. There is nothing special about cratering a piece of terrain, especially when there is a nice hiway running right along side the craters.

So why do you think Putin is tearing up the place with bombs if we are just going to bring in bridging equipment?  I thought in the vid, he bombed the highway as well.  Either way just hoppin they have fast and efficient ways to bridge over this mess he is making.  Gosh a hover craft would be perfect right about now.

John Kettler,

Than 2S35 Koalitsija-SV, 152 mm Self-propelled howitzer is a lot like the German Panzerhaubitze 2000 you showed me.  Both have so much going on on the top as well as the bottom.  What is the best way to stop one of these, I wonder besides a trench or big hole?  I know I ask a lot of questions.  I always have.  Thanks for the " no less than 57 videos link"  

This video is speech made April 4th 2015, 2hours ago, Saturday, Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov said " Ukraine crisis can't be solved by military means,  truce should last forever".   Can he be trusted? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHiE80OBC0

Your a poet,  this is from you last paragraph

Tiny lapse

Tiny people and cars scuttling about

Or whizzing by

Tower shot from

Must be really high.

Nice poem you wrote in that sentence!

Just sayin

Edited by Do Right

First of all we have no proof that it was Russians firing the artillery, just because the video title says so, does not mean its true.

Second the dozen or so impacts are nowhere near the checkpoint, or in any way restrict acess to the surrounding terrain. Might just be a warning, or an inaccurate mission. It happened in January so whatever mission the artillery strike may have had is old news now.

LongLeftFlank,

Interesting article, very detailed, even a picture of their building.  These trolls workers remind me of telemarketers for businesses.  They are worked for long hours at a desk.

Love your name, since,  I am left handed and have played the role of flanking quite successfully in my life.  I come out of nowhere and help hand the game over to the good guys usually so quick, troubled are left with no time to stop it.  Anyway, love this article.  People are getting smart to these hired trouble makers or trolls.   Sometimes, I get revenged on, comments, etc.   But, when I look back, I am always glad I did the right thing, and changed the direction or outcome.  

I found an interesting article when I did a Ukraine search on ***link removed*** which highlights how there is an awakening of old symbolic monuments (serpent, oblists (Donbass) , triangle shaped lighted churches in symbolic areas in Ukraine, Austria, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, India, Greece, and Peru.  Kazarians?  Oligarchs (super rich who made lots of oil money during Ukraine's strife)?  Anyway, I thought I would share how Ukraine has been manipulatedl.  One ball media has lots of other articles that are mind blowing.

Could there be a push to divide us by religions, so we are not so united?  Recently in Ukraine, a lot of religious zealot type priests are preaching  , since, everyone is feeling broken grabbing for anything comforting or worshipable?  Here in Ohio,  I have found that recently like in the last week, youngsters are saying, I know my name in Arabic, and actually writing big for everyone to see.  This is happening underneath it all, resurrected old barbaric crescent sword videos are out there for impressionable youngsters, as well, teaching that we humans need to be punished,  Sharia Law.  No we don't, we have all suffered enough.  

Ferguson Missouri incident reminds me a lot of civil discord in Ukraine.   I am worried that there is about to be a false flag in the United States to stir the pot to further divide our country to cover up crimes of elites and their control systems which are gradually being exposed.  Obama met with a Dieter Uchtdorf, Church of Latter Day Saints recently, who also controls aircraft, recklessly.  Do Not trust him.  Like Ukraine religious zealots,  the Obama administration allowed millions of religious Muslims and other different religions into the states during his office.  I am not worried about the good loving Muslims, I have a few friends, just the priests, zealots and Sharia Law work against freedom, everywhere.    Heads Up and Care for People, and  Rest Up 

***links removed***

Much Tanking, Love, and Care

Edited by ChrisND

Thewood1,

Why are you working against me, and what are your motives?  If you don't have anything to offer, don't say anything, my mother and father used to say to us children.

Let us learn  or  kindly step out of the way!  Have you added   anything     to help us understand the plight of Ukraine to prevent this in the  U.S. or just opinionated?

Edited by Do Right

Raptorx7,

Yes, it is late in the game, but that is usually when the game gets changed rather quickly. Time almost seems to stand still, out of the blue, we can still get help. I don't have the details, wish I did. Trying to be alert and knowledgeable despite the odds.