Please NO Marines or NATO forces module !

Wiggum15

Aside from the countries involved in SF, only a couple other could stand out, and mostly it's France.

It would be both nice and refreshing for example to have a module with a Franco-German task force (although looking through its oob seems mostly a light infantry force, they could get some armor attachments in a Black Sea aop).

That Franco-German task force would include me...and for 2017 i had other things planned then fighting some Russians... :P

Pretty much, yeah. BMP-2s, MT-LBs, BTR-82AMs (in game should be identical to BTR-82A, minus the air conditioner on the roof), old silly RPK-74s. Not sure if they still have T-80s and ZSU-23-4 Shilkas. Oh, right, and I forgot about Osa and Nona-S/SVK.

Crimean marines are using T-72B's at the moment. OSA's are above the level of command we see in CM just the same way BUK's are, and Nona-SVK's available to MSV anyways I believe. Shilka's might the only piece that is proper marine at this point. Infantry equipment wise, it's nothing unique:

SvmT5E8w5uA.jpg

Just a quick note - while I would personally love to see a "separatist" module for the Red Force; I see even more sense in releasing it along with "Volunteer Battalion" addon for the Blue Force. It would be nice to see highly motivated, but undertrained and lightly equipped forces like Donbass, Azov, or Aidar battalions, They should make a good match for the pro-Russian rebels who suffer from many of the same limitations.

Crimean marines are using T-72B's at the moment. OSA's are above the level of command we see in CM just the same way BUK's are, and Nona-SVK's available to MSV anyways I believe. Shilka's might the only piece that is proper marine at this point. Infantry equipment wise, it's nothing unique:

BTR, do you have a source for Black Sea marines deploying T-72s (or any other tanks in their OOB)? I was under impression that they did not have a tank battalion...

What I liked the most about CMSF was the USMC and its "not so much as the Army high tech equipment" like the M16 and the Smaw and

the unique TOE with 13 men in a rifle squad, it was so much fun to play with, and not to have all those Javelins as the Army units had.

So I realy want USMC in a module but also VDV and their equipment, the French Army would be fun to.

Hi fellas, first post in the forum, long time CM user, long time without playing before CMBS, back in the track,

- We love you Djiaux
+ Thanks

I think the following regarding modules

Marines - Probably gonna happen no matter what everyone says, playing marines in SF was fun and Americans without so many javelins will probably be more challenging against Russians

NATO - I really hope that this happens, Germany, Polland and France are the ones I would love to see, probably France is the more work-intensive but I would LOVE to see those Leclercks, I would LOVE to play those mighty retreats. Germany vs Russia where_have_you_been_all_this_time_love? Is a must I think. This is the module I am going to buy for sure.

Separatists - While I would like to see the real conflinc in a game... I'm not sure... now playing BS i see the problem with SF, the boredom of great superiority at times. It should be a separatists vs weak Ucrainian army without much Russians or Americans, but that would be too real and too sad. Not sure about those.

British - Own module so I can pass plz.

About what other forces should be included in the red side... no idea, what can we add to the Russians appart from irregular forces? That big_Tzar_tank everyone talks about? Really no idea.

Hi fellas, first post in the forum, long time CM user, long time without playing before CMBS, back in the track,

- We love you Djiaux

+ Thanks

I think the following regarding modules

Marines - Probably gonna happen no matter what everyone says, playing marines in SF was fun and Americans without so many javelins will probably be more challenging against Russians

NATO - I really hope that this happens, Germany, Polland and France are the ones I would love to see, probably France is the more work-intensive but I would LOVE to see those Leclercks, I would LOVE to play those mighty retreats. Germany vs Russia where_have_you_been_all_this_time_love? Is a must I think. This is the module I am going to buy for sure.

Separatists - While I would like to see the real conflinc in a game... I'm not sure... now playing BS i see the problem with SF, the boredom of great superiority at times. It should be a separatists vs weak Ucrainian army without much Russians or Americans, but that would be too real and too sad. Not sure about those.

British - Own module so I can pass plz.

About what other forces should be included in the red side... no idea, what can we add to the Russians appart from irregular forces? That big_Tzar_tank everyone talks about? Really no idea.

The Russians could have Marines and Airborne types. Belorussian allies migh be an interesing possibility. Apart from these and the seperatists I really don't see much else tha can be added for them. Nobody is forcing anyone to play British or anyone else but there are plenty of people who do want to play Brits.

I personally dont care about the Marines or other NATO countries (except for Poland).

And yes, i said that, i would say it would be "cheap" to again go with a Marines Module a British Module and a NATO Module.

Just something new, not the same stuff we already had in shock force.

Just because your not interested doesn't mean others aren't.

Wow, really ? :o

Never thought about that...

You're absolutely correct. Sod everybody else. BF, please only make modules that appeal to individuals.

Personally I want a Ninja or Wizard of Oz Flying Monkey module before any stupid Nato troops come along and spoil things.

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

Just want to clarify that my post was just my personal oppinion, I don't really care for the british army module; to be honest I would buy it and play it but I find that modules cost too much money if you are not really interested in the content. A french-only module would also be unappealing, but if you mix it with German army and another army it would be nice, I love German hardware.

Sorry whats your problem joebloggs, did you already realize that a internet forum is about people posting their opinions and discussing them ?

Anyway, i think a module does not need new units necessarily, i would be more interested in a Winter Module with 20 new scenarios then in a US Marines Module.

Edited by Wiggum15

Yeah but it will most likely be the same CMBN style summer terrain that we already have in CMBN,CMFI CMRT and now CMBS...

There should be some change and a Winter module or Winter landscape in a Separatist module would be perfect.

Edited by Wiggum15

Sorry whats your problem joebloggs, did you already realize that a internet forum is about people posting their opinions and discussing them ?

Anyway, i think a module does not need new units necessarily, i would be more interested in a Winter Module with 20 new scenarios then in a US Marines Module.

Isn't that what we're doing?

You seem to be the one with problem by deciding that you should get what you want at the expense of others.

Scenarios are available for free thanks to the talented scenario designers. You won't need to buy this. 

Extra units and content usually are not free. You will need to buy this.

I'm sure BF have a plan (a bit like the Cylons) and part of that plan will be to release modules that will appeal to the majority to sell as many as possible. No chance of my Ninja's. :P

Lets face facts. European Nato units will probably be used as they are nearest to the region and are already conducting large scale exercises in Poland in case the unthinkable becomes a reality. Also the US Marines are the only force capable of launching an (unsupported by any other nation) attack from the sea. Bear in mind that Nato is a rather large organisation so it would be good to see some new nations. (Aussie barbeque mod anyone? :) )

As most people on here crave reality it is quite possible we will see these modules. I could be wrong. I don't know what is planned. Might be the North Koreans for all I know.

Personally, I don't care who does the fighting as long as I'm not just buying a rehash of units from the base game and a couple of scenarios.

Why not start a poll?

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

Edited by joebloggs

126-th Coastal defense brigade has T-72B's. These babies replaced T-64BV's after the unit transferred over under Russian command:

I see what you mean now. Yes indeed this former Ukrainin unit was originally armed with T-64BVs, but those were given back to Ukraine and replaced by T-72Bs. These are note quite the Marines, but "close enough" as far as the game is concearned. Good call.

You seem to be the one with problem by deciding that you should get what you want at the expense of others.

Huh, i did not know i had the power to force Battlefront to release the expansion i want just by opening a topic on their forums and asking for opinions...

So ok, Battlefront i want my Separatist Winter Module next weekend !!! :angry:

Hi !

I hope Battlefront does not plan any Marines or NATO forces module.

I would not buy them, yes they have different tools but it would still feel the same (Ukraine, Summer, West vs. Russia).

Also, it would feel kind of "cheap" do do a Marines/NATO module again, its most likely much less work because they already have the stuff from the Shock Force modules.

What would be cool would be Separatist Module with lots of new scenarios and a winter/autumn landscape.

Or a Crimea module about a fictional recapture attempt by the Ukraine military.

What do you think about that ?

I hope they do.

Most of the things you are looking for can be achieved with the existing game. No module required. Somebody will probably mod the ground textures and make scenarios.

I would be looking for something more than that if I was to spend money on the product. Especially with the cost of shipping to Europe and import fees. Yes I know I can D/L the modules but what is the point of a nice limited edition case if you have nothing nice to put in it. Normandy, Italy etc.

What is it you expect when the conflict setting is Ukraine and the story behind that setting? West v Russia or Polar Bears v Penguins? :rolleyes:

Unless I'm reading a different manual then it's West v Russia. Polar Bears are hibernating just now, interesting premise though. :P

I want my Marines and Nato Forces now, now, now!!!!! ;)

As I said, start a poll.

" No plan survives contact with the next turn button"