Please NO Marines or NATO forces module !

Wiggum15

Hi !

I hope Battlefront does not plan any Marines or NATO forces module.

I would not buy them, yes they have different tools but it would still feel the same (Ukraine, Summer, West vs. Russia).

Also, it would feel kind of "cheap" do do a Marines/NATO module again, its most likely much less work because they already have the stuff from the Shock Force modules.

What would be cool would be Separatist Module with lots of new scenarios and a winter/autumn landscape.

Or a Crimea module about a fictional recapture attempt by the Ukraine military.

What do you think about that ?

Edited by Wiggum15

I think you are doomed to be disappointed....not that you won't get separatists, but that you will get both :D

AFAIK however there is no plan for fall or winter.  Agree that is kind of a bummer, would really love to see that.

Oh and don't assume it is less work, there isn't much reusable from CMSF for CMBS.  Heck last I heard there wasn't much reusable from CMSF for CMSF 2 in the art dept.

Edited by sburke

Hi !

I would not buy them, yes they have different tools but it would still feel the same (Ukraine, Summer, West vs. Russia).

(...)

So... new western equipment is a unnecessary addition but reusing the Ukrainian army fresh and new?

Both a marines module and a separatist are kind of confirmed (The separatists by Steve somewhere in the "has debalt(something) fallen?" thread and the marines both by the story and ChrisND somewhere else. I personally don't think that the jump to NATO is small enough to justify not doing it. Yes, much of the equipment is somewhat similar, but so is everything in modern warfare. Heck, all warfare is "shooting stuff with my stuff".

I don't think that we'll see winter anytime soon. It is a lot of work. Earlier, before the release, Steve was asked if they would include winter for community scenarios. He answered that for everyone asking for winter there would be someone who asked them to add a winter variant to all models, etc. Redoing everything, from infantry models to vehicle textures, is a LOT of work.

What I'd personally like to see is a mix. Some traditional NATO countries (Germany, GB, France) combined with other NATO countries (Poland is a must!) with new forces (Marines and Russian stuff. I don't know details about those, so please forgive me).

Ideally I'd like to see one BLUFOR addition and one OPFOR addition in every module.

But hey, I don't have to do the work behind all this!

New weapons on russian side (t-14, t-72B4)

I think we are in for quite a wait before we see a T14 in game.  Lets say that they do make an appearance in May and we get to actually see what they look like, that will not be nearly enough information to get it into game playable shape.  It will likely be several months after that before any usable information will be available.  I suppose they could jump start the art if we get to see it. 

IMHO we should keep our expectations down a bit.  Going from we saw it in a parade to a working vehicle in the game will take a while.  Well I think it will anyway.  I'm not really involved at all I just cannot imagine the information being game ready any time soon.

I would love to see the Russian Marines. But i would like to see the US Marines too. Poles and French would be cool. I think i would happily buy any module they release for CMBS though. What did that picture say again?

tumblr_mpdjonMvaQ1rvvdtlo2_500.jpg

Hell, if a picture i found on the internet says i have to do it, how i could i resist?

Didn't some one say the USMC was changing into a rapid reaction force and wouldn't be commited to conventional warfare in the future? Also some people have commented on the Marines landing in the Crimea. Since the Crimea is de facto part of Russia wouldn't this be an escalation NATO would not want?

Didn't some one say the USMC was changing into a rapid reaction force and wouldn't be commited to conventional warfare in the future? Also some people have commented on the Marines landing in the Crimea. Since the Crimea is de facto part of Russia wouldn't this be an escalation NATO would not want?

Keep in mind the CMBS premise is not exactly conformed to what has gone on so far and Ukraine does not recognize (nor most other countries for that matter) the illegal annexation by Russia.

Hi !

Also, it would feel kind of "cheap" do do a Marines/NATO module again, its most likely much less work because they already have the stuff from the Shock Force modules.

What would be cool would be Separatist Module with lots of new scenarios and a winter/autumn landscape.

I do want to see US Marines and NATO forces (including East Europeans such as the Polish and perha[s Baltic States) Also the Ukranian Seperatists, Russian Marines and Russia Airborne types. Autumn and winter warfare would however be a most welcome development.

I daresay a reconquest of the Crimea and indeed an advance into the seperatist regions would be a part of a NATO counter offensive