Why are milestone signs in CMBN MG random? :-(

kohlenklau

I modded me a cool Valkenswaard milestone sign in place of "Lent". All happy and ready to plop it on my Valkenswaard map.

I loaded my map and in the 2D editor for flavor objects milestones I only see a "1" and a  "2" for picks. Oh boy. I am used to like many more. Oh well, let me plop a bunch down and then 3D preview and delete all the others that are NOT mine. So I happily did.

But then reloaded the map and it says ARNHEM.

I am used to CMFI and if you plop a sign down there then it will always say the same thing each reload of the map.

It is new to me that CMBN MG seems to treat the milestone signs like those posters and just randomly deal them out like cards?

WTF?

This is very disappointing for me. I hope somehow I have misunderstood this.

Who thought that was a good ideal?

Now I gotta go and edit an mdr and ...

:-(  I did.

milestone2 14 [valkenswaard holland]

little text file in there and imported it...

very sad.

I think I will go check a few of the MG stock scenarios. I bet none of the hot shot celebrity stock scenario writers use the flavor object signs because basically now they are crap.

In CMFI, you could use those signs to get where you are going! Put in the briefing to hang a ralph at the sign towards "O'tona".

<A local dialect in that part of Italy sort of like goin' fishin' leaving off the g, but they left off the r>  :D

You could depend on those CMFI signs! :D

Edited by kohlenklau

You should be able to get around this by copying the same file and renaming it multiple timers to overide all default milestone signs. (Mod tag for each file as usual). This way you can only have the one milestone sign on the map but you'll be guaranteed it's stating the destination you want.

Yeah, I was thinking of that. 2 batches of 14 each! Uggh.

Oh well. I wonder what the latest approach is in CMBS? Anybody know?

PLEASE BFC. DO NOT HAVE RANDOM SIGNS FOR BULGE!

The signs in Bulge are critical to the whole spirit of the road based battle that Bulge represents.

Please have CM Bulge use the same internal milestone subroutine as CMFI.

Edited by kohlenklau

• 7 months later...