BMP-2M

antaress73

I have two questions: the BMP-2M has a panoramic day/night sight for the commander, is that modeled ? Spotting bonus ?

Can The older APDS 30mm round penetrate the front of a Bradley with ERA at ranges of 200 meters ? I want to know because i'm about to commit two BMP-2M to a frontal attack on a BRadley FIST (no flanking opportunities )

Edited by antaress73

I guess that thé fact that the BMPs are moving and the Bradley is not negates their spotting bonus provided by the panoramic sight and also their crew is green and regular and the Bradley is vétéran. I'll lose one but the other will kill it. 

Yeah that'll do it. Also keep in mind the Bradley has an independent optic for the commander and the ability to slew the turret to whatever he's looking at, so while the gunner is shooting the first BMP, there's a decent chance that unless the second BMP is shooting fast, the Bradley might just get both of them.

The BMP-2M has good optics..the panoramic independent sight for the commander gives it a hunter-killer capability. One was killed by the Bradley when the pair moved into view (spotted it a half-second too late)but the second one did spot the Bradley fast and pumped it full of 30mm at the same time

Edited by antaress73

I like to set up test battles when I come up on something like this and run a few to see how the results show.

It sounds like you have enough info to make a test run first. Of course it is only worth the effort if I am playing h2h.

Why risk two units if i do not know the odds. ( if you get waxed more than 50 % of the test runs. You might start looking for other options :)

Now if its verse the AI, go for it, I like to gamble vs it. ( It does not talk back when I screw up) :o

Be sure to leave an infantry leader in your BMP-2Ms to act as commander or else that little panoramic sight for the commander wont be of any use and you wont appreciate how deadly this thing is. With only the crew it is not nearly as efficient. Do this and that thing is nasty as hell with a good crew. It spots first 95% of the time and it has more firepower than almost anything else in the game. It killed a few MGS and TOW strikers without any losses in my last game.

Edited by antaress73

There's a particular scenario I'm thinking of where carefully positioned BMP-2Ms could have hurt me badly but never did manage to spot me before I got them first. I rather wonder if there's an infantry/commander manning the turret or if the seat's empty. If its gunner-only that could explain my good fortune.