Coming Soon 27 V3.11 QB Maps

I have placed them on the Repository but it takes a bit of time for them to actually be available. So if you don't want to wait I have attached them here!V3.11 QB Maps.zip

V3.11 QB Maps contains 27 Maps made in the Method I used in CMBS. These Maps have Full sets of Group orders and use of Triggers. They also use the new naming convention, so these maps will show up generally last in the QB Map list. Hope You Enjoy the them.

Well done...thanks..Just played the attack map with the bridges, hotel, town and chateau.  

(Hill-Town-Water-Damaged 1120x736 011atk)

GORGEOUS map...totally got my butt handed to me trying to rush the railroad bridge...BUT from a graphical point of view my Sherman and M8 looked great crossing the bridge right before getting  blasted. :)

Very very nice maps...my lack of artistic talent is confirmed once again...

Edited by grunt_GI

Just played "Hill-Town-Water-Damaged" and it was very interesting. I did not have any problems to cross the bridge but what happened next surprised me.

And I hope you will be surprised more often! These maps all have lots of group orders coupled with lot's of objectives. My thinking is the AI will Defend-Attack 3,4,5,or 6 objectives in 5 Different ways x 8,9,10 +/- Group settings with any force size a player cares to use, no matter the size of the map. That adds up to a lot of tactical replayability.

My personal QB playing style devolved over the years to a cookie cutter combined arms force that I would cherry pick (Yes I'd love that kind of save ability, too)against an AI random Mix Force. Did it over and over again...kinda of like drinking in the same bar at the same time each nite and expecting something new and different to occur! My goal is to break that cycle by maximizing the maps possibilities and see what happens next.

Edited by MarkEzra

Last night I started a QB on the 006 map, and although its looks are a trifle bland in comparison to some of the more recent maps in other CM games, it looks like it is going to be tactically interesting to play on. I hope to be soon giving the other maps in this collection a spin too. Once more, Mark, we are in your debt.

:)

Michael

Last night I started a QB on the 006 map, and although its looks are a trifle bland in comparison to some of the more recent maps in other CM games, it looks like it is going to be tactically interesting to play on. I hope to be soon giving the other maps in this collection a spin too. Once more, Mark, we are in your debt.

Michael

Michael

I put a good deal of thought into the elevations and bocage with that map Bocage was poorly understood by me when I first made CMBN QB Maps. I don't think I was the only designer this happened to. Placement of trees on the bocage tiles looks cool but create LOS/LOF difficulties in an already touchy tile. Elevation, too, created useless map spaces that could not be differentiated by the designer when placing units or creating movement orders. CMBN Players were frustrated more than challenged by Bocage maps.Hopefully this map will play more realistically eg. less LOS/LOF problems.

post-36368-0-52985200-1424748631_thumb.j

I'm playing Town-Water-Damaged (1408 X 1152) 015 Meet. I started the game as Allied Batt size Mech Inf with two Sherman's. I laid smoke and Ran one of my Mech Coy over the road bridge and took the town. But the German's have a ton of armor and have massed on the rail bridge side. I was able to kill a number of them with flank shots... gonna promote that boy if I don't get him killed first... but the Huns didn't bother with the rail bridge! They slipped across usin the low ground of the ford. Damned! Now the're headed for my Maj VP (the rail station). Time for some coffee and cookies. That's sure to help.

SEE the pic? The cookies didn't help much.

Edited by MarkEzra

I decided that the 006 map I had chosen to play on recently was not one of yours (correctly as it turned out), so I ended up isolating these new maps of yours from the rest in the listing so that I could examine them one by one. I haven't had time to go through the entire collection yet, but I must say that I am mightily impressed. Not only do they tend to be very beautiful more often than not, they also look very interesting. I have the feeling that they may require several playings with various force structures before one even comes close to working out all their secrets.

BTW, looking at the Vire map I couldn't help but be reminded of the first ever couple of scenarios in Squad Leader.

;)

Michael

I'm especially glad as you are either a fairly new poster on the forum or an excellent lurker! Either way it's a pleasure to know the maps are being used.

Mostly I lurk. I've been playing CM since 2005 or so, but only seriously in the last couple of years, and I've only dipped my toe into PBEM since CMRT came out, so I created a forum account around the same time.

The thing about CMBN early QB maps (and any new title) is the buildings and doodads can kill a map. Telephone poles gave me some real headaches in CMBN As did any number of new buildings. But QB maps is a volume driven product. So what I needed to do was put together a lot of hills and forest and open farmland in the early builds. I always have a goal of 50 attack style and 50 meeting engagement maps (that makes the QB map file count of 200). That's forces me to work fast and except some less than stellar results. The place I need to push for excellence is always the AI mapping. There can be no excuse for have assed work there.