Armata soon to be in service.

Lee_Vincent

I think after all the "its not going to be at the parade" or "How can there be 10 vehicles, we havent seen any on the internet and OPSEC doesnt matter" hat eating has finished still no concensus has been made.

It was planned to be at the parade, it has shown up.

it is planned to be introduced to the first unit in 2017, this is planned, but will it happen? Lets see shall we?

I think after all the "its not going to be at the parade" or "How can there be 10 vehicles, we havent seen any on the internet and OPSEC doesnt matter" hat eating has finished still no concensus has been made.

It was planned to be at the parade, it has shown up.

it is planned to be introduced to the first unit in 2017, this is planned, but will it happen? Lets see shall we?

Sp basically the facts on which everbody agrees are that

1) the armata is not just an april fools joke but really exists,

2) there are several prototypes,

3) it is not yet clear if these prototypes will lead to an actual introduction of the armata in the russian army on a large scale.

PS, officer's uniforms are sexy now.

I wonder what is so special about the turret. Cant wait to see the "full version".

Edited by agusto

Lock and Load,

You are quick to snatch these, very cool, I found some maps regarding Southeastern Ukraine growth from 5/2014 - March/2015, and posted them in the map and mod section, though you may want to take a gander.

This kind of stuff spreads fast.

What exactly do you want me to look at, sorry?

I havent read the whole thread and i dont intend to do so, but have you guys already reached a consensus on whether or not the armata will enter service any time soon (or at all)?

Doubt there will be a consensus, especially here. Armata is a chassis. And there's at least 20 vehicles already built on that chassis. Previous MBT candidate prototype was built with only 2 units, IIRC. So I'd say chances are very good. Devil is in details. Numbers and dates.

I don't think there where any hats to eat.  The "nothing will show up" wasn't a very commonly held opinion.  Doubts to the functionality, and practicality of the whole program remain though.

In terms of consensus:

1. The platform exists.

2. Russia appears to be pursuing it.

3. Some stuff has been ruled out in terms of design and there's some limited "knowns"

Jury is still out if we're not looking at PAK-FA the tank though.

Well, there's a Whole bounch of new vehicles, not just one or two. The entire family of new borns is there. They share several details, one for all: the new small front headlights, that's a little detail, but appears to be tailored for serial production.

On the boomerang:

-seems very tall

-it is amphibious, (propellers on the back, splash shield on the front)

-appears to be having an applique armor in front and on the top sides

-the shape of lower hull seems consistent with the concepts of higher protection against ied and mines.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Aye, certainly a lot of coverage today.

The videos of the infantry drilling appear to show a VDV unit with the new ratnik kit as well.

Im sure provision for addon to Boomerang can easily be added. Look at that slab side, its ripe for the attachment of something.

Edited by Stagler

Behold.

PDN_6364.jpg

APS nip slips!  Hopefully this means the canvas will come off entirely for the parade.

Interesting solution to ERA over the front-mounted engine exhausts.

edit: same vehicle from right side, I think.

T-15_right_side.jpg

My guess is the solid box just behind the foremost big tubes is radar, the big tubes are APS kill munitions and the smaller tubes in a cluster are smoke grenades.

Edited by akd

Yeah i saw this on RT

Thanks for posting.

When i saw i wondered what would be said on the forums haha

Comments made are that these are looking at being AI or remote controlled / drones.

Its either real or fake.

Given the massive hacks on US mil sites and terraflops of data lost including Raptor and railgun tech who knows what data and tech has been obtained and new tech developed by Russia and China.

Its easy to put this down as rubbish but who knows.

The technical data of new US tech lost to hacking attacks is staggering.

Not sure why you'd need these to be remote controlled. You can clearly see them being crewed. But, as a matter of fact, new Russian MRAPs (Typhoon family) can be remote controlled. Not sure if that's out of the box functionality, or requires optional equipment to be installed, but this feature has been stated many times officially.

These vehicles remind me of the tanks I'd make with Legos back when I was a kid. (When Legos were REAL building blocks, not the prefab kits kids get today. It was harder when I played with them. ;) )

The clean lines, seemingly large internal volumes (relatively speaking wrt earlier Soviet/Russian AFV's), ERA, APS, etc., bode well for crew survivability.

I'm very curious about the horizontal cylinders and how they perform the APS function. Most current EFP's use planar charges. These cylinders would either fire a projectile (in which case the horizontal orientation does not seem optimal and the coverage seems sparse) or they self destruct and fire outwards (radially) like a claymore? (I lean towards axial projectiles.)

With nothing to go by but the old engineer's axiom of "form follows function", these look very functional, indeed.