HQS 2.2 - Black Sea - Shock Force - Afghanistan - FINAL

waclaw

I invite you to download the final version of HQS

HQS 2.2 is a huge modification for Combat Mission Black Sea / Shock Force / Afghanistan - adds or replaces almost all the sounds in the game. That's more than 2,400 sounds and more than 1GB of data, a lot of improvements and modifications really improve immersion in the game.

Changelog 2.2

380 additional sounds 
- Improved infantry Ukrainian sounds 
- More sounds for Americans 
- More sounds for the Russian infantry 
- New sounds for MTB / BTR / LAV / amphibious / damaged engines 
- More ricochets / penetration / impacts / explosions / zips 
- Improved ambient sounds 
- More sounds for jet 
- A new sound for fire 
- New sounds PKP / M240 COAX / AIR ROCKET / 25MM Bushmaster / M2 / MORTAR 80-120MM

and of course lots of other fixes and improvements

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5471/details

of course, as usual, I will be grateful for any comments and suggestions;)

post-71757-0-12591700-1424254877_thumb.j

Edited by waclaw

Sounds good, mostly. Incoming artillery seems to come little too early before the blast. There is like 1-2 seconds pause between incoming sound and in the blast.

Explosions seem to sound very good, weapons too. I tested little QB battle with inf only, so many people participated to fighting that I did no have time to listen specific voices, only the chaos of the combat and it was... noisy. I think it should be noisy :D 

When infantry stack up, they start orchestra of their own. This is good and bad same the time. When examining single/two squad action, it is very immersive when soldiers react orally to the battle. When there is much of soldiers, it starts to sound silly, when every guy remember to inform there is artillery incoming(with same sound file) etc, but hey, it is not modders fault/problem!

I like these sounds. Going to test more, and give some feedback if I find something. I like your CMRT soundmod also. Thanks Waclaw! 

Sounds in actual use. Bradley machine gun is awesome. In my opinion, the under barrel grenade laucher pop sound is little too arcade, it is not present in this video. Not sure about the Bradley main gun, it would sound more serious, if used more cracking sound(?)

what is in use now, sounds little too soft and bassy(?) It sounds like somebody is drumming big barrel.

Explosion sounds are very good. Infantry weapons, awesome!

I am using Mord´s vechile radio chatter mod, it fits in this mod very well!

Awesome - I'd love to download this... but how the hell does one register for an account on that website?

Would a DropBox mirror be possible? ^_^

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/sessions/new?commit=Log+In

on the right, or simpler 

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/users/new?commit=Register

Edited by waclaw

Thanks for all your sound mods for the many games Waclaw. I have mix I have been using for sometime for the WW2 games. Your sounds are certainly beefier, and more dramatic than the stock. I'll probably do another custom mix from this, the stuff I have already, and what the other sound grogs have contributed. I went through some of the sounds and particularly liked the INF sounds that sounded like they are talking on the radio. Great job!

Edited by Vinnart

Thanks Waclaw for your sound mods. Really great work !

I just must admit that incoming arty is a bit weird in actual state.

About the bradley gun sound I think this vid could be interesting since the sound is recorded close and outside from the vehicle.

Anyway big thanks again for this mod !

Yep, it sounds like someone is beating crap out of carpet. 

ok, but which sounds exactly do you write? Most of them are authentic, so they sound artillery shells just before hitting the ground (in the direct distances) - the only thing there is to improve it sounds for artillery - 105 - 120mm, must be longer and a little muted

ok, but which sounds exactly do you write? Most of them are authentic, so they sound artillery shells just before hitting the ground (in the direct distances) - the only thing there is to improve it sounds for artillery - 105 - 120mm, must be longer and a little muted

For me there's no other problems than some of the arty sounds being too short indeed. Medium 2 and medium 3 (files names) for exemple.

The rest is great and I couldn't play BS without your mod.

The flak sound for incoming jets is excellent !

exsonic - BLACK SEA universal sounds - voices - screams 

Yeah, I checked that they are there. But I think it is not working for me....  Are the screams and chats randomly happens? Should I place camera really close to hear them? All others looks ok, only infantry voice and scream seems not hearable. I better remove z folder and reinstall all mods.... I can't find any reason. 

Yeah, I checked that they are there. But I think it is not working for me....  Are the screams and chats randomly happens? Should I place camera really close to hear them? All others looks ok, only infantry voice and scream seems not hearable. I better remove z folder and reinstall all mods.... I can't find any reason. 

These sounds "screams" are activated accidentally and not always, sometimes just a soldier dies, not without any sound.

These sounds "screams" are activated accidentally and not always, sometimes just a soldier dies, not without any sound.

Yeah, but I can't hear at all during 2~3 missions, screams as well as chats, which is I think obviously something is strange. I will remove all z folders and install mods one by one to check. Very small autocannon scenario or Going to town scenario seems good to test.

• 2 weeks later...