Taking out Tunguska, Easy !!! Well, not exactly

slysniper

So I am playing the battle that I have to take a platoon of these things out. You all might know the battle by now. What do I have that can do the job quickly. My bmp's.

So I start trying to decide how best I might do this. Well, I managed to spot and shoot 2 of them before they saw me. Two others I ran 3 bmp's at them and while they where destroying one of my bmps, I destroyed them with one of the other BMP's.  Then I had one that managed to take out two bmp's while I ran another one up on it to within spitting distance from a blind spot because of a building blocking its view til I was on top of it.

So the count 5 Tunguska's to 4 bmp's  (I felt this was a very good trade.)

But then there was this guy. - I will provide the images, you can come up with any story line you want. But believe me it was the Tunguska from Hell.

When I did later finally take him out , it felt so good to get a little revenge for all that blood he spilt.

1ifa8dQ.png

NqUkMwm.png

Edited by slysniper

Actually having something like this happen is what makes me love this game. I like it when unexpected outcomes happen , especially if they looked realistic. Which how this played out , it did.

It sure made me rethink my fool proof plan.

But I am waiting to see if someone can write the story as to what might have happened.

wow, no takers??

Not even insults a to how I could allow such a thing to happen.

Well, lets put a little more out there and see if it stirs up any comments.

Timing is everything. If you want to overwhelm the enemy. you need all units to crest and find the enemy at the same time. Which from the results can be concluded did not happen according to plan.

What was it that I did not anticipate that manage to blow the timing of my units enough that the Tunguska had a fun day.

That worked so much better in CMx1 with borg spotting ;)

Yes it did.

And from this event, I am sure a few units were in position to spot, but did not manage to before they received the deadly returning fire.

But Tunguska's seldom have spotting issues. ( But i was suprized to get the jump on a few of them in this game , so they can be caught sleeping as to spotting also. Likely it goes back to how the game spotting works.)

In one of those screenshots it shows 6 of your wrecks clearly at the crest of that ridge with nothing but blue sky behind them. Pretty easy spotting methinks.

Not sure how to prevent that in the heat of the battle but something to think about. I have lost more pixel units this way an any other.

Just my thoughts over the morning coffee.

Bobo

In one of those screenshots it shows 6 of your wrecks clearly at the crest of that ridge with nothing but blue sky behind them. Pretty easy spotting methinks.

Not sure how to prevent that in the heat of the battle but something to think about. I have lost more pixel units this way an any other.

Just my thoughts over the morning coffee.

Bob

very true, but that is one thing the game does not take into account. It could be cloudy with trees and brush and shadows behind them and it would make no difference at all as to how the game spots.

And it is one area that they will not be trying to put that factor within the game any time soon.