Campaign WIP - Operation Windsor, Carpiquet

Ithikial_AU

PC specs? It is a monster so does your computer have enough grunt to handle it?

Edit: Oh and you need everything to play this, a fully up to date 3.0 CMBN copy, all modules and also the Vehicle Pack.

Intel core i7 4790 @ 3.60Ghz, 8MB ram , Nvidia Geforce GTX 960. No tech expert but I would have thought should be enough.

Have all modules including VP.

Intel core i7 4790 @ 3.60Ghz, 8MB ram , Nvidia Geforce GTX 960. No tech expert but I would have thought should be enough.

Have all modules including VP.

Actually, reloaded save from mission 1 end and its working fine. awesome initial bombardment, but I suspect it still wont be nearly enough !

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, reloaded save from mission 1 end and its working fine. awesome initial bombardment, but I suspect it still wont be nearly enough !

Yeah if you are following your orders in the briefings it's more for environmental effect than anything else. :) Help make the map a cratered moonscape which will become important in later battles in the campaign. Windsor opened with an enormous creeping barrage that was described by some as 'World War 1' like. Wasn't the best option for a late WW2 battlefield but hopefully you're running into that now and trying to overcome it.

Yeah if you are following your orders in the briefings it's more for environmental effect than anything else. :) Help make the map a cratered moonscape which will become important in later battles in the campaign. Windsor opened with an enormous creeping barrage that was described by some as 'World War 1' like. Wasn't the best option for a late WW2 battlefield but hopefully you're running into that now and trying to overcome it.

Actually found mission one to be fairly straightforward and achieved a major victory with a German surrender. Lead to overconfidence in mission two and received quite a bloody nose before deciding that discretion was the better part of valour and hit ceasefire.  Mission three started very well but ended in tears as well, wont post any spoilers but I'm sure as designer you can guess why. Hopefully redeem myself in mission 4. Having a blast with this campaign and strongly recommended it on what I have seen so far.

Mission three started very well but ended in tears as well, wont post any spoilers but I'm sure as designer you can guess why.

57203377.jpg

If it's any consolation in reality it took the Canadians by surprise as well and helped make the southern attack a nightmare scenario. However I think the open terrain and poor planning from higher up was ultimate factors for the outcome on the day.

• 3 months later...

I know it's been a while, but I'm planning on firing this up starting this week.

Has there been any changes to the campaign after open testing started, or is the version 1.0 beta still the same?

Yeah a few but more tweaks than wholesale changes.

Top of my head the first mission was altered. It's still boils down to a 'yes/no' choice with a chance of machine gun fire and dictates the level of intel for mission 2 which is the first 'real mission.' Some spelling errors have been fixed and one of the victory branches have been tweaked since one outcome was a bit unfair for an end of campaign ranking. Some movement of deployment of troops, again since it was a little unfair.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...