Free Copy AAR: DMS vs c3k.

DMS

People from Russian LJ WT comunity where I posted AAR say that Kh-25 should destroy APS by near explosion. 80 kg warhead. But missile is destroyed by APS, isn't it? Whould it explode 100%?

By the way, may be somebody speaks Russian? That AAR is there: http://war-tundra.livejournal.com/2851122.html#t155621682

As far as I can tell, it has an 8 kg warhead.  Slightly larger than the 6+ kg warhead on the TOW missile, but not excessively so.

Well, I am not sure I would call it a mistake because if he had put an M1 in overwatch there and you did what I suggested things would have gone very badly indeed.

Mistake was choice of BTRs, BMPs would be much faster off-road.

I have played some QBs. T-72s have a chance if they get close fast!

Wikipedia says 80kgs. Doubtfull source, but everywhere else is said about 80 kg. And in DCS reference too. :)

Is APS radar well protected? I guess such a big explosion would damage it.

DMS,

Most entertaining and informative DAR/AAR. It was exciting watching your T-90AM blasting away. Till it got blasted, Unfortunately, you didn't get to clobber an Abrams. Still, you partially repaid the production costs by actually causing some damage. c3k certainly found it damaging. The death ride of the Hummers! Your lasing preyed on c3k's mind and perplexed mine. I really like the look of the BTR-82A, with that high menacing weapon mount. Rather SF, and it does airburst, something I never knew until you and c3k had at each other. Regarding disembarking, the BTR-82A is way better in that regard than the BTR-60's side hatch, but doesn't compare to the time honored going out the back, preferably with the rear screened. If the vehicle is stopped, does it offer cover if between the men and the bullets? Hope so! I know it didn't in CMBN (unless AFV's already a flaming datum), and I don't have CMRT, so don't know what did or didn't happen there.

Speaking of explosions, I thought you did a great job letting Bog Voiny (God of War, artillery) have his way with c3k. Because of firing delays, I wouldn't normally expect to see 152s in play, but you're causing me to rethink potential FS options. Very nice shoot. c3k should be grateful his Bradley seat cushions don't have buttons, for the round that nearly got one of his Bradleys might well have caused that sort of instinctive stress response, requiring the removal services of a gastroenterologist! The Abrams is a phenomenal killing machine. If you're on the same battlefield with it, as OPFOR, death becomes effortless. Have ruled out career in Motor Rifle troops after watching your battle. Did Krizantema actually kill anything, or was it just a target for the Abrams? Your Grach certainly caused some excitement, putting down a torrent of fire. This version would be far more exciting, what with 4 x Kh-25 and 16 x Vikhr! It shows what sorts of things can be done if the need's perceived and the will and resources are there. That version is designed to survive, not 23 mm fire, but 30 mm fire into critical areas, not to mention a Stinger direct hit! Loved the hunt late in the game, even if it didn't work out quite as planned. In closing, I think the house rules you guys had, and making it immersive in the "got a job to do and don't want to die in the process" way you played it, made for an even tenser clash. Quite the fight, and despite harrowing losses, you carried the day. Well done!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

DMS,

Most entertaining and informative DAR/AAR. It was exciting watching your T-90AM blasting away. Till it got blasted, Unfortunately, you didn't get to clobber an Abrams. Still, you partially repaid the production costs by actually causing some damage. c3k certainly found it damaging. The death ride of the Hummers! Your lasing preyed on c3k's mind and perplexed mine. I really like the look of the BTR-82A, with that high menacing weapon mount. Rather SF, and it does airburst, something I never knew until you and c3k had at each other. Regarding disembarking, the BTR-82A is way better in that regard than the BTR-60's side hatch, but doesn't compare to the time honored going out the back, preferably with the rear screened. If the vehicle is stopped, does it offer cover if between the men and the bullets? Hope so! I know it didn't in CMBN (unless AFV's already a flaming datum), and I don't have CMRT, so don't know what did or didn't happen there.

Speaking of explosions, I thought you did a great job letting Bog Voiny (God of War, artillery) have his way with c3k. Because of firing delays, I wouldn't normally expect to see 152s in play, but you're causing me to rethink potential FS options. Very nice shoot. c3k should be grateful his Bradley seat cushions don't have buttons, for the round that nearly got one of his Bradleys might well have caused that sort of instinctive stress response, requiring the removal services of a gastroenterologist! The Abrams is a phenomenal killing machine. If you're on the same battlefield with it, as OPFOR, death becomes effortless. Have ruled out career in Motor Rifle troops after watching your battle. Did Krizantema actually kill anything, or was it just a target for the Abrams? Your Grach certainly caused some excitement, putting down a torrent of fire. This version would be far more exciting, what with 4 x Kh-25 and 16 x Vikhr! It shows what sorts of things can be done if the need's perceived and the will and resources are there. That version is designed to survive, not 23 mm fire, but 30 mm fire into critical areas, not to mention a Stinger direct hit! Loved the hunt late in the game, even if it didn't work out quite as planned. In closing, I think the house rules you guys had, and making it immersive in the "got a job to do and don't want to die in the process" way you played it, made for an even tenser clash. Quite the fight, and despite harrowing losses, you carried the day. Well done!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thank you, glad that you like it!

Yes, once I lost 50% of squad whille dismounting BTR-60 playing CM:A! Top hatches were awfull. Great that CM represents such things. Sure BTR offer cover, it can be penetrated by 7,62x54, but very near and at 90 degrees. When I played CM:SF BTRs and dust clouds were only cover for my infantrymen. (oh, that M4s hiting my men from 400 yards were disappointing me...) So, moving APC forward for cover really works.

I've found that next fire mission call is twice shorter than initial! Looks much more realistic now, artillery is much more effective. In CMSF red artillery was useless with exeption to preplanned strikes.

And precision strikes against infantry are much more effective than against vehicles! I killed Ken's sniper squad by Krasnopol. Infantry can't move as fast as vehicles.

Krizantema was useless. And is useless. :( It is blind, M1 spots faster, and M2 too. Don't know why - it has a radar and IR optics... Probably because of absence of vehicle trenches. In hull down position it would be harder to hit it.