Free Copy AAR: DMS vs c3k.

DMS

So, sides are chosen, there is a map:

Free%20fight%2003.jpg

I am playing for Russians, starting at the left setup zone. c3k is playing for U.S., right setup zone.

You can read conditions there. In short, I must take that bridge.

As you see, there is a large open space between the bridge and the town.

Of course, it would be nice to take a company of good old T-72s and to make a tank rush. (I have 7500 points - enough for 1,5 tank companies)

But Javeline and Abrams...

I chose:

-152mm battery

-120mm mortar platoon

-Zala UAV

-Artillery and air spotters

-BTR company without a platoon

-T-90, Chrisantema and Tunguska. 1 piece of each.

-ATGM battery

-Su-25 wing

138568_original.jpg

Setup for long range engagement and some infantry for guarding spotters and final attack.

I am awaiting for you advices! Have I any chances?

Edited by DMS

You know your adversary will ... "Attack" ;) 

"Setup for long range engagement and some infantry for guarding spotters and final attack."

Sounds like a solid plan. Spot the Abrams and hit them with multiple units form multiple angles. M1A2s are very fast to fire so you are best served if you can at least overwhelm / disable them before you KO them.

You bought lots of soft units + a serious amont off-map support, DMS. I am interested in how this going to play out. Personally i prefer on-map units, but given the power the US on-map units, maybe it was a good idea to go for lots of off-map units. Dont compete for superiority where you cant win. The UAV was definately a good choice and the Khrizantema is very effetcive against M1A2s too. You just need to be careful with latter one. Put it in hull down and in a treeline or something and use it as defensive anti-tank sniper.

Khrizantema are vulnerable at close distances, as I noted in QB. I should use it carefully and only at large distance. I've found one position witth 1200m+ LOF.

Artillery will ruin buildings on "command heights" and town on the right side, if I have enough rounds. And laser guided rounds, of course!

And T-90 - last chance to kill that Humvee. :)

I recently played a QB as russians using 4 Khrizanhtemas against several M1A2. At long ranges they are devastating. 1200 meteres sounds good. Are you going to order any 1st turn artillery strikes? How about a 1 gun arty harrassment strike, imitating spotting rounds to keep c3k anxious?

I recently played a QB as russians using 4 Khrizanhtemas against several M1A2. At long ranges they are devastating. 1200 meteres sounds good. Are you going to order any 1st turn artillery strikes? How about a 1 gun arty harrassment strike, imitating spotting rounds to keep c3k anxious?

There is a rule - no 1-st turn barrage. But sure I will strike at some places little later. :) May be I will get his spotters...

Does 1200 meters really count as long range though?  Thats still pretty damn short!

Yes, 2000+ would be better. But it is European theater with close ranges...

Huh, 1st turn passed and my BTRs full of infantry stil aren't burning!

By the way, how to add video?

http://youtu.be/asDgss27FfU

I decided to move BTR platoon to the bridge.

139797_original.jpg

No hordes of Abrams tanks? Single Bradley? Are they hiding from my UAV at map border?

May be I will be lucky enough to capture zone at the bridge. And may be some houses at the other side, who knows?

139310_original.jpg

Looking good to get guys in town. Did you beat him there?

Did you find the easter egg I left you?

Hint I will do my part to lead you men to victory :)

Bradley that fired at my units in test map. :) Yes!

Not in town yet, will be there in next turn. My mistake that I sent only 1 platoon...

Good start. Stay focused DMS.

Yes, everything can change every second. I saw Abrams in clouds of smoke. What if a tank platoon will come out of a smoke screen?

Edited by DMS

Hey DMS!

Want some little hint on the playstyle of your opponent?

There is an old DAR made by him, I could give you the link. It can give you an idea of his playstyle - which is very distinctive to say the least. ;)

It might give you an advantage.

How do you think of it?

How do the other readers think of it?

Give the link now or just after the match?

Good hunting!

Olf

Edited by DasMorbo

Then just redeploy smokescreen between enemy Abrams and your forces to block a LOS  ;)

c3k did it! Abrams is coming through smoke. And my spotters are on the move. I will make a video tommorow. My BTR with ATGM platoon is destroyed, Krizantema is under fire!

Ken will be out of the game for 3 days, so I have time to think about it.

Hey DMS!

Want some little hint on the playstyle of your opponent?

There is an old DAR made by him, I could give you the link. It can give you an idea of his playstyle - which is very distinctive to say the least. ;)

It might give you an advantage.

How do you think of it?

How do the other readers think of it?

Give the link now or just after the match?

Good hunting!

Olf

Hm... I am not sure.

Does he love cavalry style rushes on full speed by his IFVs? :) (I like them too, but they finish badly usually)