Free Copy AAR: c3k vs DMS. No DMS.

c3k

The only beauty I see is my arty...

Doom%20105.jpg

I haven't spotted any of DMS' units. I don't expect to for another few turns. I don't know what I could've given up to get a UAV. They cost ~300 points, about the same as a squad. Perhaps I should've given up (blind) firepower for intel? But I really think the endgame will be determined by generated firepower and the ability to maneuver. A squad gives two maneuver units...

As my units move, the Brad comes out of its defensive smoke...and gets lased.

Doom%20104.jpg

Luckily, nothing physical follows the photons.

My plans remain in place:

Doom%20106.jpg

The Abrams HUNT to the top of the hill. I hope the see something. The Red Brads are on a wild death ride. That path takes advantage of a few dips and some screening from foliage, but at some parts, they are totally exposed. Here's hoping APS works and DMS doesn't toss anything 125mm my way.

The lased Brad tells me that my guys are more exposed than I'd thought. They flee to the Low Ground and then disperse down the road. The Brads will go to the white circle. From there, guard the right flank, and pour their men into the town.

Now that I've established an artillery pattern, DMS is probably adjusting to it. I'll stop it next turn. :)

If my HQ Brad survives dropping the Javs off in the copse, I may toss the FO up there too. Then I'll back the Brad out, and find some low ground for it. It'll be part of the Abrams maneuver unit. Two up, two moving. The TOW missiles won't be as useful as its optics. 8 optics are better than 6.

Ken

Excellent you found me. I put myself in as the company CO. I an tucked into DMS's order of battle too. Thus doubling my chances of surviving.

"Prepare yourself......"  :)  Or maybe doubling your chances dying ;)

"Luckily, nothing physical follows the photons..."  Oh ye of little faith. The skies may soon open to provide a spectacular.. a stunning ... I dare say sensational light show ;)

Focus... the Battle is on the Bridge Commander :D  All other destruction is a distraction and a path ...To the Bridge Commander!

Turn 2: 29:00 to 28:00

A Good Turn. Not.

First, a tease...

doom%20201.jpg

Enough of that. IanL may be leading a charge across the bridge sooner than he'd like.

The turn was bloody. As bad as I'd feared it could go. If I feared for my men, that is. As it was, I merely poured another measure of scotch and continued with my baccarat, while eyeing that mysterious brunette. Oh, the game?

doom%20202.jpg

and then...

doom%20203.jpg

No use crying over spilt milk. I'll gather whatever survivors there are, give 'em some weapons, and order them into the battle! No moping in my army!

More...

doom%20204_1.jpg

Abrams got lased, popped and backed away. (Oh, this is when the folks complaining about BFC nerfing the Russians really need to speak up. I'd love some nerfed Russkis about now. )

But at least something took my attention away from my Abrams...

doom%20205.jpg

Hmm, I wonder how that turned out for Red 1?

doom%20206.jpg

Ow. I allowed a moment to pass, then I kept going. It's what I do. I honor my men by ignoring their sacrifice. Really.

More...

I have plans. BIG plans. Okay, BIG BAD plans. :)

doom%20207.jpg

The Javs may get something. Shrug. All my men are expendable.

If not...

doom%20208.jpg

The big picture.

I still need to get some combat power onto the bridge. DMS looks to have a platoon of BMP's going to my left, the same to my right and tanks in the middle. I want to get ensconced in the town and start picking off some of his guys. My Abrams need to get into the fight to make that happen. So far, I've failed. But, on the bright side, I've forced DMS to use up 2 of his sabot rounds!! I tell my men they're doing well. It's important to them.

I'd rather have the rough part of the game at first. I hope DMS gets the rough part in the last part. Sigh. Back to my scotch. The brunette? She left with that other guy. Apparently he knew how to play baccarat. Sigh.

Enough of that. IanL may be leading a charge across the bridge sooner than he'd like.

Excellent - I am ready to lead from the front!

You know if you win I'm going to take credit, and you know if you lose I'm going to blame you. I believe that's my job as Company commander.

And if I die I am going to totally blame you :D

I may dismount IanL from that Brad and offer him a SPECIAL mission...yeeessssss, indeeeeed. I like how that idea looks...

Wouldn't it be a...heartrending...display of loyalty if IanL were to charge across the bridge, as if he were me, in a bid to take the bullets DMS is saving for my august being? Oh, yes. That HQ flag may be his best asset. : )

Edited by c3k

There is also a scenario based on the map. Bridgehead at Karalhyk.

Bridgehead at Karalhyk is a must play classic.

I may dismount IanL from that Brad and offer him a SPECIAL mission...yeeessssss, indeeeeed. I like how that idea looks...

Wouldn't it be a...heartrending...display of loyalty if IanL were to charge across the bridge, as if he were me, in a bid to take the bullets DMS is saving for my august being? Oh, yes. That HQ flag may be his best asset. : )

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on....  = Attack!

:D

Turn 3

28:00 to 27:00

A much better turn than last turn. For DMS.

doom%20301.jpg

That's the at-start positioning... I ordered some fast movements, hoping to get inside his spotting/firing/hitting cycle. Err, not to be. Thank you, men. Your sacrifices were not in vain. Now I know not to do that again. Good job!

Here's a few seconds in. Black 1 and 2 (my doom platoon snipers) are rushing down the road, bursting from the smoke of the burning Red 1. White 2 gets lased. How is he doing that??? Black 3 leads ahead of White 2.

Blue 1 - 3 (Abrams platoon, moves forward. I follow behind White 2. Not great, since he's getting lased right there...

doom%20302.jpg

and the result...

doom%20303.jpg

Both Black Humvees on the road go boom. I hope DMS thinks he got me. We'll see. Psychological crushings are much more rewarding than physical! My Jav teams survive. My Abrams do well. White 2 survives being lased a second time...

More...

Seeking solace...

doom%20304.jpg

My Abrams get LOS/LOF to the top of the hill. This BTR goes boom. I want more!!! DMS has a Khryzantema in the treeline, left, which has an AMP round go high. (That seems to happen a LOT. I think it aims at the weapon, not the hull.)

Regardless of my losses, I stick to my plan!!! I tossed a fast turn back to DMS. I may regret not taking a little more care. Or not.

My surviving sniper team dismounts and hotfoots into town. My squad, in town, moves towards the bridge. Blue 1 moves to join Blue 3, away from the smoke. I continue to wonder about baccarat.

Ken

Each Abrams was 1,000 points. That's what I get for not checking qb points before tossing down a challenge. I had to drop from 4 to 3 Abrams. That really hurt. I want PAIRS of units to support one another. One pair watches, one pair moves. 3 tanks hurts...

What coward needs a buddy to cover him, when he can ATTACK!?

Threefold 120mm-devastation (powered by Rheinmetall) is all you need! :D

A milion thanks for digging up the old 'White Manor'-AAR!

Propably the must insane and entertaining AAR there ever was on the BFC Forum - up till now... B)

Cheers