Rainy River AAR

This is my AAR  at end of Battle CMBN Rainy River British Recon Advances

Going to try it again.  Like to see some of Vet's Play this Scenario. And see if they can get a Victory.  I lose each time I play. Just want to see how many enemy Casualties

She is a tough one for me because Germans are on high ground with there ATG

If this post Looks bad.will try to delete.it.

This is not a stock Scenario  It's by "Umlaut" You can fine it at Repository.

It also is on youtube. CW Rainy River .

Regards

Lane 

2edqez6.jpg

Edited by Zane

Looks like it was quite the slug match given the casaulties; how'd the ratio of vehicles lost become so skewed though? Looks like that's what cost you the battle, I'm assuming.

Play the Scenario and you will find out why the Ratio of Vechicles  is so skewed :)

That ATG at the Intersection is Zeroed in on any armor vechicles that is see's :)  So I learned on how to try to take it out.

Try to get a armor Vechical  up on hight ground to the south. It may get one shot before that  guns takes it out. some times I get Luckey.and take out the gun. If not I move Mortar squads across the river and up  on High country to the south, to try to take out that nasty ATG. trouble is they have a limited amount of Mortar rounds.

May try it again tonight back to set up. :)

Regards

Lane :)  

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:   I got right in middle playing this Scenario and  got a message Combat mission needs to CLOSE :(   Don' t Know what happen but not a happy camper.

Some times like this I feel Like removing all myCMBN folders .  I never win a battle.

Need a break and calm down.   First time I had a crash Like this?? Just as well close the scenario I was loosing bad.

Lane 

Edited by Zane

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:   I got right in middle playing this Scenario and  got a message Combat mission needs to CLOSE :(   Don' t Know what happen but not a happy camper.

Some times like this I feel Like removing all myCMBN folders .  I never win a battle.

Need a break and calm down.   First time I had a crash Like this?? Just as well close the scenario I was loosing bad.

Lane 

Grab your crashdump file (assuming windows created one) and submit with a ticket.  It might help folks figure out why.

If  My windows XP SP3 created a crash dump file. I don't known were to find it.

I should have look at the crashdump file but i didn't  I don't even remember if I sent to MS.?

I suspect since I was so mad I deleted it.

Looking around the forums I see Lots of folks having crashes  with Ver 3.11 game engine 3? 

Just going to learn when I am playing a scenario Like Rainy River. to save it every few turns.

If it happens again I will look and try to save the dump file.

Thank's for you help guys.

Regards

I almost never have a crash, but it can happen for a variety of reasons.

Here is info to help you find your crash dump file.  Rename it something like rainy river and send it off to the minions of the helpdesk.  Odds are it is still in the folder location.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3396005/where-can-i-find-windows-crash-dump-blue-screen-crash-dump

Your crash dump location will depend on what is set in the system.

To find out where it is located go to your control panel, then system, then advanced system settings (in Windows 7) or the advanced tab (in Windows XP), click the startup and recovery 'settings' button.

Near the bottom of the startup and recovery settings window will be a dump file location text box which will specify where you can find it.

More info about dump files can be found here -> http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2008/01/08/understanding-crash-dump-files.aspx

Thank's Sburke,

I think I found my crash dumpfile  I open a help file and got a ticket. Hope I sent the file and they can open it.

I can't  read it but sent to a folder I created I could not figure out how to open the file? I was able to read in my clipboard.

Well I known were the clipboard is now.

I sent the file hope they can open it.