Missing Second Story Walls

tankgeezer

It appears that the offending buildings in the scenario have been converted to single story structures.  Whatever works for the designer is just fine with me.  I have also opened the map (Huge-Novohurivke-open-#287) in the editor twice and both times the second storys were missing.  Now working on converting a copy into a training map and repeated saves haven't cured the problem either.  The offending buildings appear intact at a distance or camera level four, but zoom in and the walls vanish.  It's really no biggie, since the Devs. will no doubt straighten things out in the next patch.  Otherwise it's a really nice map, shows lots of hard work.

It appears that the offending buildings in the scenario have been converted to single story structures.  Whatever works for the designer is just fine with me.  I have also opened the map (Huge-Novohurivke-open-#287) in the editor twice and both times the second storys were missing.  Now working on converting a copy into a training map and repeated saves haven't cured the problem either.  The offending buildings appear intact at a distance or camera level four, but zoom in and the walls vanish.  It's really no biggie, since the Devs. will no doubt straighten things out in the next patch.  Otherwise it's a really nice map, shows lots of hard work.

Ah, so perhaps when someone took the scenario map and created a QB map out of it they took the old map before I deleted and replaced the offending buildings.  Incidentally the missing floors showed up in a later beta build so they were present for most of the time the game was being developed.  I only caught it because I inspect my scenario maps after every beta build to make sure nothing is broken.  Do the buildings in the scenario itself exhibit the missing floors or is it just in the QB map based on the scenario map?  Incidentally I didn't even know there was a QB map based on that scenario map. 

Wow; now I'm confused, mind telling me how you got that updated scenario into my machine?  Was it present on the v1.01 patch installer?  Due to a separate issue I has to re-install the game on the 9th then on the 10th I downloaded to patch again to be on the safe side.  When I first played 'Valley of Death', it was before you relplaced the buildings.  After the install, only the QB map had the problem.  When I get a minute, I'll see if I have a save of the old game.

Wow; now I'm confused, mind telling me how you got that updated scenario into my machine?  Was it present on the v1.01 patch installer?  Due to a separate issue I has to re-install the game on the 9th then on the 10th I downloaded to patch again to be on the safe side.  When I first played 'Valley of Death', it was before you relplaced the buildings.  After the install, only the QB map had the problem.  When I get a minute, I'll see if I have a save of the old game.

Sorry, I haven't done a thing to the scenario file in over a month. :P

Well; at least the scenario is fixed.  Now I'm wondering, has anybody submitted a ticket to the help desk on this, or do the Devs. already have this on their list?

It has been mentioned internally and the guy who does the QB maps has taken a look at it, but you can always submit a ticket to the help desk if you want to be thorough.  It would be helpful to have a list of which QB maps seem to be affected by this.

• 4 weeks later...