Quick kill system and M829A4 sabot?

exsonic01

I know those two items are under development IRL, but the game's time line is summer of 2017. Though I'm not sure how the schedules of those two items are, but I think there is a chance that we could see those units in 2017 in front line units.

Quick kill system already proved its ability from middle east during 2008~current with prototypes. Quick kill has the best reaction time against any threats among any other APS systems, and able to defence top attack, and degrade KE threats. M829A4 will be next-gen APFSDS for 120mm smoothbore, can penetrate state-of-art Russian ERA. Initial supplies were already ordered during 2014. (Or, is the game already using M829A4? If it is, even Relikt could not defence the shell as Russians expected. )

I think at least one of the two should be in the game, since it is the year of 2017 in CM-BS world.

Edited by exsonic01

Kudos to Battlefront for getting the M829A4 in-game. The Army reports as of April 2014 it will be fielded in 2016. http://www.army.mil/article/124313/Fifth_generation_Army_tank_cartridge_reports_loudly_for_duty/

Nice to see we tell the world about our technological capabilities.

Didn't spend much time researching it but I couldn't find anything recent on Quick Kill. Most things I found were several years old. It's gone through some successful testing in 2012 but then information kind of drops off. My guess would be that it is on the back burner due to budget constraints.

http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2251

Kudos to Battlefront for getting the M829A4 in-game. The Army reports as of April 2014 it will be fielded in 2016. http://www.army.mil/article/124313/Fifth_generation_Army_tank_cartridge_reports_loudly_for_duty/

Nice to see we tell the world about our technological capabilities.

Didn't spend much time researching it but I couldn't find anything recent on Quick Kill. Most things I found were several years old. It's gone through some successful testing in 2012 but then information kind of drops off. My guess would be that it is on the back burner due to budget constraints.

http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2251

Maybe recent sequester affected on the schedule? I also have no idea. This should be on M1A2 and Bradley in CBMS, instead of Trophy. I know trophy is excellent, already-proved-in-real system, but QK will bring much more protection, based on prototype results from Iraq and Afghanistan. 

M829A4 is one of the few US tank upgrades we can sit down right now and stick a date on.

In game US tanks mount Trophy APS systems.  This is a reasonable choice in that quickkill might actually be dead/in development hell.  I haven't seen anything done with it in a few years.  On the other hand a mass purchase of Trophy which exists, and broadly is similar to what quickkill was supposed to do.

So basically that there's an APS in the game is really good enough.  

To be fair, up until the current crisis in Ukraine, the Army was shying away from Tanks (Congress was buying them essentially against the Army's will) including pulling them out of Europe.  Now that the dynamic has changed (or gone back to what it was before the GWOT) there is an increased focused on armored forces (US Tanks returned to Europe only a few months later).  I'd suspect that Quick Kill was put on the back burner as budget pressure came into effect, but it may be back on the table, especially by 2017.