Shop tag textures

Just added to the repository and so hopefully available in the next 24 hrs

The file includes four amended modular building textures

Façade3 single

Facade7 single

Facade8 single

Facade7 bottom

All textures have the [shop] tag, and so will show in game only when the files are added to the mod folder and the [shop] tag is active within a scenario.

Tag.txt file also enclosed

This mod is designed to give the appearance of larger glass fronted shops to the game.

Due to the limitations of the modular buildings these textures will show on all four sides of the building. In addition the windows in game remain.

However the textures have been designed so that the ingame windows are less noticeable and blend to some degree with the textures.

shops.jpg

Experimentation is the best method by which to understand the concept.

so.jpg

I'll provide the repository link direct as soon as available, but if people have questions in the meantime just ask

P

Really nice work, Pete. Now all we need are some civilian vehicles to give the maps a little more "life".

Mord.

For sure. Some burned out ones too.

Definitely agree it brings more life to the scenery. I have a feeling I will have to do a personal mod, and open a gallery front in UKR. Very nice Pete. Going into the mod folder for sure.

Edited by Vinnart

It could probably be done (unless they changed something) but it's a poor replacement for the real deal. They would offer no protection and wouldn't catch fire or explode when shot up. Be nice if BFC would put the cars in the editor, maybe under fortifications or something so that designers could place them on maps. Maybe when they do Ukrainian uncons they'll include them like they did for CMSF.

Mord.

Really sorry Pete - off topic.

Mord/Kieme - the vehicle flavour object 1 refers to the forklift. If the latest game works like the others this means there are more slots left in that selection - i.e. 2 onwards. If things work as per the other games you could use these slots up with other vehicles by merely making copies and renaming the 3D models to fit with the conventions of that flavour object. You'd need to check what the vehicle 3D files are called but it might be something simple like vehicle_1.

If you wanted to add a Russian truck. Find the 3D files & textures for the truck. Copy them. Rename them vehicle_2.

Here's one I did for shockforce which uses a spare 'log' flavour object slot.

Note - these are eye candy only. I don't believe they provide cover etc.

Log3.jpg

Edited by Blimey