Winter mod... anyone working on one?

I would love a more wintery/autumn look, not necessarily with snow but with muddy roads and trees without leaves.

ZP1gQO6.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think you can do that and remove the leaves. But if use one of the CMBN autumn foliage mods, swap all the green grass for yellow one, change the crops to ploughed fields and set the scenario to rain or overcast, the effect is almost good enough. It still looks a bit too clean but it helps with the immersion.

If you have CMFI you can rez explode the Italian mainland module, extract all the art that's tagged [cold] or [autumn] (and there's lots of it). That should actually cover most bases. Then you have a choice. Do you remove the tags or do you simply go into the editor and modify the scenarios you want to play to accept [cold] and [autumn] tags? You do that by using the Mod Tags feature in the editor. It should be in the v3.0 game engine manual.

Its been awhile since I played with them. I believe [cold] leaves are bare, [snow] leaves have a coat of snow, [autumn] leaces are autumn colors, and [spring] leaves have buds. If it sounds like  lot of work that's 'cause it was.  ;)

The [cold] bare branches are just that, bare branches. If you just KO the whole thing you'd get bare trunks just like with foliage turned off.

MikeyD, good idea. I don't have CMFI at the moment though. I remember reading an update to V3 was pending an was waiting for that to put it on the shopping list.

Kieme, you're right. It does work. When I first tried I saved the alpha lapha layer bmp as 24 bits only. But just bare tree trunks looks a bit odd. Probably better to do what MikeyD suggested or use the autumn mod linked by Oakheart.

Quick question for modders : should I be saving all my textures as 32 bits bmp instead of 24 bits or is this just for textures with an alpha layer?

The other folders only have ground textures in them, it shouldn't change the lod issue, which by the way should only appear on big maps. If you just load a small map, you might not see it.

Oakheart, it is also possible that you are using both autumn mods. The second one, Early Autumn Foliage.brz, actually has working lod bmps for the trees but I found the color doesn't match. So if you have both installed in your mod folder, you won't see the absence of foliage at a distance.

Anyway I made this quick fix for the lod issue for trees number 1,3 and 4 in the Autumn environment mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m5x8m6k0e7lmxm/autumn%20foliage%20lod%20fix.rar?dl=0

Tell me if it works for you guys.

The other folders only have ground textures in them, it shouldn't change the lod issue, which by the way should only appear on big maps. If you just load a small map, you might not see it.

Oakheart, it is also possible that you are using both autumn mods. The second one, Early Autumn Foliage.brz, actually has working lod bmps for the trees but I found the color doesn't match. So if you have both installed in your mod folder, you won't see the absence of foliage at a distance.

Anyway I made this quick fix for the lod issue for trees number 1,3 and 4 in the Autumn environment mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m5x8m6k0e7lmxm/autumn%20foliage%20lod%20fix.rar?dl=0

Tell me if it works for you guys.

Yep works for me, I checked to see if I was still using that other mod but I had thoroughly deleted that sucker. I guess I'm just better than everyone else.

The distant trees look just a bit more pea-poop yellow/green than they should I think? but its no biggie for me.

Btw, I'm pissed no one mentioned my Girls Und Panzers CMBS icon :/.