Red campaign only 5 missions long?

Sashko

Just finished the red campaign and was majorly bummed out that it was over so quick. Finished with 60 red kia and 45 wia and ~350 blue kia and 13 tanks knocked out at veteran/real time. Was it because of 5 total victories achieved the campaign did not "diverge"? Or is it that short? Last mission had an amazing map but luckluster blue force setup (100 US with 2 immobilized M1s and 1 mobile one vs 350 Rus with something like 10 FOs in 7 story vantage point) resulting in abit of a cakewalk TKO with 1 hour to spare (Blue arty use was mmagnificent however and felt human). Last mission would've worked better with Ukr reinforced coy and some serious building to building carnage. Map deserved at least 2-3 rolling frontline missions squeezed out of it.

But yeah, was hoping for 15 mission epicness with smaller episodical platoon level stuff mixed in.

Me three. I understand there are three sides and am glad they included a campaign for each, but really?  3 for each?  I really am missing a Papertiger Road to Montebourg, Road to Dinas, Road to Nijmegan 16+ mission campaign here.  CMSF Marines, stock, and Nato ( never bought British, prolly should have) all had pretty long campaigns.  All of BS's campaigns seem to be 5 one day 5 mission affairs which is rather disappointing. =/

I guess they assumed that it was better to do one for each side, with a total close to 15, than a big one for just the US plus some Ukrainians attached, but it does feel short and you don´t care so much about loosing core units this way, save for tanks maybe...perhaps 7 or 8 missions long campaigns, with some replacements available a some point would have been the sweet spot for tactical diversity, I think I got more "attached" to my units in CMSF, but I guess story telling is not the central point of a wargame

Those poor russian recon guys were used as "one-time enemy detectors" for the most part without much consequence...wish I could split one man sections for maximum detecting!

Red campaign you have enough HE in those BMPs to oblitirate every house in 4 out of 5 maps you get to use them in massive numbers. I barely used arty and air coserving it for M1 hordes, but it turned out there was no need. End mission gives you 120 205mm shots (mini nukes), i conserved 50 shots not knowing that assault on Dnepropetrovsk is imaginary and the game was 2 mins from over :( No M1 hordes either, just 2 broken tanks.

New arty was an adjustment - there was barely enough time to unload dismounts and Fast them to where they had to be before rounds started falling. All my 3 T-90 losses were due to arty in last mission, by the police station. Assault force concentrations had to be done in out-of-LOS nooks and crannies.