Sign in to follow this  
Echo

Bug- QB Map Setup Zones

"Town-Water 275 attack" map has the defender/attacker setup zones reversed. I opened it in the editor, and I can't figure out how to fix it. 

I have checked this out.  The map is correctly made.  This map is setup as a RED attack  (Assault & Probe) mission.  The Attacker setup is SW  The Defender setup is North.  Checking the "Data" info screen Shows Red friendly side in the SW and Blue friendly side as North.  Checking the 2D map editor the red and blue setup areas conform perfectly.  So nothing at all wrong with the map.  So what kind of problem is going on for you? PBEM ? 

This bug can occur even when there is nothing apparently wrong with the map.

Out of curiosity, are you on PC or Mac? What about your opponent?

On the off chance that one of you is PC and the other Mac, try this: the PC player should load the map into the editor and then save it. He doesn't have to make any changes before saving. That same player then starts the game.

No guarantees that will work, but I was able to fix the problem in this way in one test example.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

Pbem. Red (russia) attack blue (ukraine). Ukraine was in sw corner. Russia had blue setup zone in town. I'm on pc. Not sure about opponent. I'll ask him.

Pbem. Red (russia) attack blue (ukraine). Ukraine was in sw corner. Russia had blue setup zone in town. I'm on pc. Not sure about opponent. I'll ask him.

This is known but rare issue involving the two computers. Occasionally involves Mac and pc PBEM players. I can offer no suggestion of how to fix it.

Sign in to follow this