Noticed this TacAI behaviour from my side - supposed to be this way?

rocketman

This happened twice in the same scenario. A three man team had two M136AT4 launchers and spotted an APC. The two pixeltruppen carrying them fired exactly at the same time. I can understand the reason for wanting to take out a target, but it would also make sense for one of them to hold their shot for just a few seconds to see if the first one hits/misses or takes out the target. To preserve a precious asset. Once it happened from far range, when they were not under an immediate threat. The second time (after a dangerous resupply, the APC was closer, but hadn't spotted them. See screenshots below:

simul1_zps772f0dbf.png

simul2_zpsb9e8e756.png

Edited by rocketman

This is just from my experience playing Arma 3 regularly with about 40-50 people.

If say you are looking at a vehicle toting FLIR, and a 30MM autocannon and your AT weapons are RPGs or AT4s. Something unguided. It isn't unusual for us to fire volleys of rockets.

It allows you to:

1. increases chances of hitting.

2. increase the number of hits. Thereby ensuring lethality.

Even if there would only be possibly seconds before the next shot the vehicle might suddenly move, it might spot you as you fire the first rocket, and it may spray down your position with its gun.

So the whole volley fire concept I don't think is incorrect.

However, I would like to see a slight delay especially when the unit isn't in direct danger. Since the tacai doesn't have human intelligence it could very well be that those are the last two AT4s they have so they may want to conserve them.

Finnish army doctrine is to fire at least two rockets in quick succession (at least with the light LAW-clone), both shooters should have the same range set so the seconds shooter can adjust his aim in case of miss and also to increase the chance of destroying the vehicle.