Walkthrough and let's play of the BLACK SEA CAMPAIGN!

tyrspawn

"Backs to the wall" is a great mission, one of my favorites so far, together with the amphibious mission from the Russian campaign

Regarding CAS, the manual states that a contested sky is assumed, forcing aircraft to fly low, it`s a design decision to make Russian ADA relevant I guess, and the lack of US SPAA a problem not seen in real life, at least in recent times

I really like your videos mate !

and the way you play this game is so different from me it brings me new insight on game mechanics.

I play a lot slower....and I dont think Im good either lol !

I might be too cautious most of the times with my recon forces and probably too fast with my combat troops...

Thanks again for takin the time to do all this, looking forward to the next battle.

Dimitri

Edited by Aloko Mac

Another tip would be to start each turn by zooming out to see the whole battlefield and fastforward by 5 sec increments the whole 60 seconds. Watch for flashing icons of your troops. It takes about 15 seconds and will save you from missing out important things that happen around the battlefield.

For some reasons I never liked that mission (backs to the wall).

The enemy AI is really terrible when on the attack.

I guess the maps are the main reason I like a scenario, and I simply dont like this one with this buildings and factory that looks all the same.

I like watching your video though.

Looking forward to the next one !

Edited by Aloko Mac

For some reasons I never liked that mission (backs to the wall).

The enemy AI is really terrible when on the attack.

I guess the maps are the main reason I like a scenario, and I simply dont like this one with this buildings and factory that looks all the same.

I like watching your video though.

Looking forward to the next one !

So yeah. When I started I Thought it would be really cool, saving private esque street to street fighting. But as you can see the armor rolled in ahead of the infantry (retard mode), got blow nup, then the infantry mindlessly followed after them. Going down obvious kill zones.

Those helo missiles from the North are pretty retarded.  I'd have "LOL NOPE" and closed the mission probably after the losses.

The really infuriating thing is that when my one stinger managed to finally shoot down the Hind, the missile was fired to the SOUTH EAST - not the north. I presume all my dudes were facing the wrong direction, but the missiles were still coming from the north.

• 2 weeks later...

The really infuriating thing is that when my one stinger managed to finally shoot down the Hind, the missile was fired to the SOUTH EAST - not the north. I presume all my dudes were facing the wrong direction, but the missiles were still coming from the north.

In my experience playing that mission the same thing happened. I think the facing of the stinger team does not matter - I had 2 teams firing off in different directions during different turns.  I don't think I have seen a stinger fire and have the helo hit something in the same turn.  It seems like the helo usually aborts and attacks next turn (if not downed). It was interesting to see where the enemy air controller was (won't give it away) after the mission was over.  They are always a prime target!  I much prefer being on the side with the air power!!!

In my experience playing that mission the same thing happened. I think the facing of the stinger team does not matter - I had 2 teams firing off in different directions during different turns.  I don't think I have seen a stinger fire and have the helo hit something in the same turn.  It seems like the helo usually aborts and attacks next turn (if not downed). It was interesting to see where the enemy air controller was (won't give it away) after the mission was over.  They are always a prime target!  I much prefer being on the side with the air power!!!

I estimated where it was (accurately) and then assaulted it at the end of the mission.

After mission in the one I played it was not where you did your final assault (I don't want to give anything away).  There may had been another one there though, I ran my T-62 over there and gave everything that drove in the front gate a warm welcome so if there was another AC it never made it out of the BMP other than as smoke particles.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I actually know you from your great tutorials on Falcon BMS, you live in New York right? i believe from what you mentioned in a vid..i might be going there for holiday later this year or next.

**** Mig 29 nails 12 o'clock...fox 3 medium notching left. 2 status?

Edited by cns180784

• 2 years later...