Memory:  24 GB
Video Card:   ASUS GeForce Nvidia GTX 750Ti 
SSD:  Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB 
Western Digital Black HD:  2 TB
Case:  Sniper Black Edition
Power Supply:  Commander 1200 Watts
Sound Card:  Creative SoundBlaster Z-Series
Monitor:  ViewSonic

Market Garden "Borderland" scenario with the Char B flamethrower tanks crashed and displayed this error message:

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.

The application must close.

Anybody have any suggestions/ideas/solutions?

Thanks.

try dropping the 3d model and texture settings a notch lower and see if you still get the error, sounds like the card is struggling to render stuff in time.  Check that the driver is reasonably up to date.

I have the newest driver for this card.

I already have the 3D models turned down

3D Model quality is Better, that's two notches from the max

3D Texture is Better, that's one notch from max.

Try it another notch down, maybe?

Also,  I'm getting a new graphic anomaly, that is what I like to call a "fuzzy effect". Some of the lettering of the various texts appear fuzzy at times. This is something that I have not seen before.

Thanks.

Edited by Champagne

Thanks for your help.

I will try that out.

IT WORKED, Peter Gabriel "Security" man.

The fuzzy effect is gone.

Could you help a fellow PG fan out with the rest of my graphics settings? I have been struggling with trying to figure out my optimal settings for years.

Should I drop the 3D settings another notch?  Even with this card I have? It's a pretty good graphics card.

Edited by Champagne

haha yes the album cover has fascinated me for more decades than I care to remember.

I suppose the thing to try with the graphics settings is see if the scenario plays ok on the lower settings. It may be that on bigger scenarios you may need to have lower settings.  The 750ti is no slouch so it may well end up being something else, such is the nature of pc issues.  Google the error and you will find a whole bunch of things that may or may not help.

For general config try this: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/96330-some-performance-and-quality-tips-for-nvidia-users/

Also experiment with vsync settings, some people swear by adaptive half frame rate but I find it creates mouse input lag :

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/113504-improvement-to-combat-mission-graphics-performance-nvidia/

cheers

Thanks very much. I am trying the vsync setting today limiting FPS to 30. No bad results from it yet.

That thread you referenced has two schools of thought: one is to create individual settings for each game in Nvidia Control Panel the other school of thought maintains this is not necessary.

I was using the settings suggested in the first post when my GL error message arose.  Which settings in that thread do you suggest for me to try?

Security is my favorite PG album, but, I like all of them.

Edited by Champagne

fwiw I have set these in the Nvidia control panel for cmrt.exe, seems to work fine (i have a gtx 780)

anistropic filtering 4x

Antialiasing fxaa off

Antialiasing gamma correction on

Antialiasing mode  Enhance the application

Antialiasing setting 4x

Antialiasing transparency Multisample

Cuda CPUs all

Max prerendered frames 3

Multi display/mixed gpu acceleration single display performance mode

power management mode Prefer max performance

shader cache on

Texture filtering negative lod bias clamp

Textur filtering quality quality

texture filtering trilinear optimisation off

threaded optimisation auto

triple buffering on

vertical sync on

I have a much less powerful card, GTX 570, and don't have any issues except on really big maps with lots of units. You shouldn't have to turn anything down on the card that you have. I'm only running 1080 resolution though, maybe that's the difference.

Thanks PAK 40.  I am running Desktop resolution.  How do I try your "1080 resolution setting"?

Windows Control Panel recommends 1920 x 1080 setting for my Desktop and CM is set to use Desktop resolution.

My graphics issues with the Borderland scenario with the Char B flame tanks prompted this thread.  There must be about 50 jeeps that get set on fire. Lots of units. I don't know if this scenario is considered big with lots of units, but, it's about as large as I care to play.

Edited by Champagne

fwiw I have set these in the Nvidia control panel for cmrt.exe, seems to work fine (i have a gtx 780)

anistropic filtering 4x

Antialiasing fxaa off

Antialiasing gamma correction on

Antialiasing mode  Enhance the application

Antialiasing setting 4x

Antialiasing transparency Multisample

Cuda CPUs all

Max prerendered frames 3

Multi display/mixed gpu acceleration single display performance mode

power management mode Prefer max performance

shader cache on

Texture filtering negative lod bias clamp

Textur filtering quality quality

texture filtering trilinear optimisation off

threaded optimisation auto

triple buffering on

vertical sync on

Preliminary finding: these settings are working fine, thanks !

I will update and report after more testing.

Thanks PAK 40.  I am running Desktop resolution.  How do I try your "1080 resolution setting"?

Windows Control Panel recommends 1920 x 1080 setting for my Desktop and CM is set to use Desktop resolution.

My graphics issues with the Borderland scenario with the Char B flame tanks prompted this thread.  There must be about 50 jeeps that get set on fire. Lots of units. I don't know if this scenario is considered big with lots of units, but, it's about as large as I care to play.

You're running the same resolution I'm running. and since Windows recommends it then it probably is the default resolution for your monitor which is what you want for the crispest picture.

PIATPunk's recommended settings are working fine for me, but, I cannot use maximum settings on 3D texture or models or my FPS drops to 8 or 9.

PAK 40, I wonder why my powerful graphics card won't run the game at max settings? I have the latest driver installed AND I am using GPU Tweak to slightly overclock.

FWIW I run the games texture and 3d models one notch back from best and that seems to be ok with frame rates with little noticeable difference in image quality.

I am using GPU Tweak to slightly overclock.

If you ever get those driver error messages again the first thing to do would be to remove the overclock.

cheers

The overclock causes the graphics card to step up its performance level, so, it should be able to handle more work.

However, your advice indicates that the overclock does not improve the performance level, but, may be the cause of poor performance.

Why do you suspect that slight overclocking may cause problems?

my research into overclocking gpus in the past indicates it can cause more problems than it's worth for the perceived difference in performance..(eg instability, overheating etc).

Not saying that will be the case here, but if you have issues the first thing to do is remove overclock before troubleshooting

cheers

Point well taken. 

As an aside, it is important for me to emphasize that this whole thread is generated by the Market Garden scenario called Borderland. Borderland is a very graphics-intensive scenario. It has lots of units, lots of woods/trees and, most importantly, about forty Jeeps placed all over the map. These Jeeps get lit up with regularity and they generate smoke, which is graphics intensive.

Perhaps this Borderland scenario is a good benchmark to use.

It is a GREAT scenario. I've played it vs the Allied AI and it's a nice challenge.

Sign in to follow this