CM Maps Universal Translator Tool

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/3/2015 at 12:56 PM, kohlenklau said:

Hey Steve,

I would like to ask if this is something we can get eventually. A utility like RezExplode and RezPack that is created to help the customers make maps.

It loads certain files and strips away the family specific issues that jam up the process. Deletes the buildings and flavor objects.

But retains the elevations and basic common terrain and farts out something that can be then edited into a scenario.

Maybe it could retain the AI? A radio button? Maybe it could not...

Well "Don Steve-o", can we come to an agreement to help cooperation among the 5 families?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/retiring2texas/godfather_zps84bfedc2.jpg

THE POST THAT STARTED THE CRAZE.... WE HAVE BERLIN IN CMCW NOW BUDDY

A TOOL WOULD CLEAN THE PROCESS UP THOUGH

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2015 at 8:37 AM, Rokko said:

I just tried it out and was able to open the CMRT scenario Gog and Magog in CMBS' editor without problems, I did only delete the OOBs beforehand.

It wasn't the 10th byte I had to change, though, but the 34th (or 32nd if you are counting from zero).

It is the first pair of numbers in the 2nd row, it was 08 and I changed it to 0A.

So it's:

00 CMSF

02 CMA

04 CMBN

06 CMFI

08 CMRT

0A CMBS

Correction:

Its probably not the 32nd byte either but rather the 31st and 32nd byte together, unless BF wants to stop making CM games in the near future. Together they form the 16th hex value, or the 0x10 adress, which is where the number 10 comes from ;)

If anyone is interessted in converting a map to CMCW: it's " 12 CMCW"

Jens