Repository

ChrisND

Stupid Question Chris - our sexy new forum actually has file attachment capabilities.  I show myself (just us betas?) having unlimited upload capacity.  Any reason modders/mappers/scenario designers cannot hang their actual .btt / .bts / .brz files right here on the forum, until such time as the repository upgrade occurs?  If this is *bad* from a file security or forum overload standpoint, let me know. 

Note:   I also assume it works for PM messages, would make for Dbox/email alternative for point-to-point file sharing. 

Yeah, that's kind of big... 

I uploaded a 1mb .pdf as a test before I asked the question, so I know that works.  Am sure this forum is not intended to serve as a file share server, but figured for smaller stuff it might be an easy way to trade files until the new repos is fully online. 

Got it Ian. Thanks. Now I just have to unplug the mod log jam ;)

One suggestion I do have for the new repository is to have a section for general CMx2 engine mods that work in all the games. As an example my "Arrow Unit Bases" mod works in all CMx2 games. If we had that I would not have to load the mod into each separate game repository for people to find it easily.

One suggestion I do have for the new repository is to have a section for general CMx2 engine mods that work in all the games. As an example my "Arrow Unit Bases" mod works in all CMx2 games. If we had that I would not have to load the mod into each separate game repository for people to find it easily.

This is an excellent idea. 

Thanks for the heads up Chris. Is there any re-design planned for the repository like the forum has received?

Yes I would like to know that - it was stated there would be - getting stuff from there is a tortuous time consuming process and its the single most frustrating thing in the whole battlefront experience.

Yes I would like to know that - it was stated there would be - getting stuff from there is a tortuous time consuming process and its the single most frustrating thing in the whole battlefront experience.

In my opinion the repository needs urgent work. It is a complete pain for the fan base to use while also doing a great disservice to the modding and campaign/scenario designer community.

If it costs extra money to host and run a proper repository stick a dollar on each game to cover it.  ;)

As it stands the community and Battlefront is lucky to have GreenAsJade's Combat Mission mods warehouse taking the slack for a barely usable repository.

Just curious, is there another recommended site where the same missions/campaigns are available for download?  The design of BF's repository makes it very cumbersome to download files, especially if your trying to download a bunch at the same time, takes many mouse clicks and navigating pages.  If I was only downloading a single file, not a big deal, but when try to do a lot, way too time consuming for me.