Coincidence Or Design?

So while playing some quick battles with a friend of mine I came across this....

riTTPO4.jpg

If you load up quick battle and select "Tiny - Going to Town" you will see it.

Now this doesn't offend me one bit but looking at it and cleary seeing not only Swastikas but also an iron cross curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Coincidence Or Design?

a joke

You think this is a joke? The holocaust and the 6 million that died to me are not a joke. The very existence of that disgraceful symbol in game and the lack of urgency to not have this removed is very unsettling. I demand to see the perpetrators of this heinous action punished; and to immediately see to it a community wide apology for his atrocious "joke". Please see to it that you word yourself more carefully, rather than trampling over the past for what you deem "a joke".

You think this is a joke?

The person who put it in obviously thought it was a joke. I do not think that it is funny, and I apologize for it's inclusion. It's going to be fixed as I can make that happen, which won't be over the weekend since the programmers are gone until tomorrow morning.

I don't think it's funny either. This is the kind of thing that can go viral especially when a game is made about something as touchy as the Ukrainian comflict. Nothing about the Swastika or the Holocaust is ever "funny" or a joke. I am personally shocked that somebody on the development team would even think that including something as heinous like this as a joke was even acceptable. Again, I am not personally bothered by this as I am not Jewish but I am sure that if (god forbid) a family member of one of the six million saw something like this in their favorite franchise they would be very, very upset.

Let's not forget the laws in Germany that forbid this type of thing.

As a long time Combat Mission fan I am slightly dissapointed. I will personally avoid any scenarios made by the person responsible for making that map.

I have a rather important correction to make now that the beta testers have give me some more info. This wasn't done on purpose.

Beta testers are telling me that it was actually just an an attempt to symmetrically arrange walls and benches (the benches are not visible in the screenshot, but they are there). The image from a birds eye view was just an unfortunate side effect. Looking through old threads, I see that this was pointed out to the map designer, and he promptly removed the walls in the next version of the independent standalone scenario. You can verify this right now by looking at the scenario map "going to town" and noting that the arrangement of the walls is different.

However, the map had already been sent to the pile of QB battle maps, and so the QB version of the map was forgotten and slipped through.

Long story short: Someone accidentally made a swastika image with the walls for the standalone scenario version. It was promptly noticed and fixed, but the QB version of the map slipped through.

It will be fixed as soon as possible.

You guys better completely avoid CMBN, FI, and RT because your delicate sensibilities will completely shattered if you ever play those games. I always get a kick out of the self-righteous manufactured outrage that flows like water nowadays. People live their lives just praying something will pop up and offend them.

Mord.

still it shouldn't be in there and I think BF is more than a little upset at having missed it.  It wasn't intentional, but it is unfortunate.

Calm everyone, let's not let this get out of control.  Good catch Buzzcut

Edited by sburke

self-righteous

Oh, so trying to defend the dignity the six million who needlessly died is now "self-righteous". What weird logic you have. My "delicate sensibilities" keeps offensive material, such as this gross display of blatant fascism, away from becoming a full blown nazi simulator. Please take your edgyness elsewhere.

I am locking this thread now because it has nowhere to go but downhill, and there is nothing further constructive that will come out of it. The issue has been reported, answered, and the corrective action is being undertaken.

Please see Post #11 for a description of what happened. http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117890-coincidence-or-design/#entry1578116 Thiswas a mistake, not some secret Nazi-sympathetic display. I apologize to anyone offended by it. It will be fixed as soon as possible.