One Guy Just Went Rambo Fanatic !

vincere

Veteran US squad fighting in close wood land being overrun by a platoon. The quad is rattled and worse- I can't order them- running away

But the machine gunner stands up changes direction and starts blazing away. He runs about 15m towards one squad and fires standing at 2 different squads changes direction runs some more and stars lobbing grenades that stops the second Russian squad.

He's not the only one. A forward observer is on his own behind enemy lines after being overrun and is fighting 2 squads. He Killed 3-4 guys on his own in one minute. 

It awesome experience to see, like watching a movie or story in the making.

Can somebody in the know confirm that this is coded for the odd guy to see red mist and go fanatic?

I ve seen scenes like that as well. The best one happened in CMBN, when a SINGLE german soldier took out 2 tanks and 1 squads of infantry on his own within 120 seconds. He hit the first tank with panzerfaust, rushed towards the second one and killed it with a satchel charge. Then he mowed down the dismounting crews and a squad of infantry with his MP-40 and some grenades. I watched it like 50 times in disbelieve, it was so awesome!

I am not "in the know" but having played from "Shock Force" onwards I know that when "Shock Force" first came out soldiers on the move would not react in any way to the sudden appearence of threats. It was like they had to get to their next waypoint before they could react. This was rightly ridiculed by the players, and BFC listened to their concerns and steadily introduced "self-preservation" behaviours like you are seeing. It came in with a "Shock Force" patch but I have no idea which one. I remember when I saw them react like this the first time it was like the game had just become "self-aware" like Skynet! It is one of those features that show how well polished the game engine has become over time.

Also not "in the know" but I believe it has to do with the motivation level of the troops in question.  If they have been set to have motivation above "high" you can expect to see this kind of behaviour. Squad leaders seem to me to be the ones most likely to take on the role of super soldier. The most clear cut example of this for me was when a I had given orders for a squad to move from one building to another across an open square. Halfway to the other building the squad came under fire. All the squad but one man ran into the assigned building. The lone soldier cowered behind the only tree in the square. His squad leader came back out of the building and stood beside him for a few seconds. He proceeded to fire off a few bursts in the direction of the incoming fire. Still the lone solider was cowering. He stood over him for a few more seconds and then let off another burst. The whole time he was standing over his squad mate bullets were flying all around the squad leader but nothing hit him. Finally the cowering soldier got up and ran into the building followed by his squad leader. They were a "regular" squad with high motivation and +1 for leadership.

Not my heroic soldiers but after their Sherman got hit and went up in flames, leaving 3 probably shaken or worse crew members they gunned down an entire German rifle squad (minus the AT team) with their 1911s from ~30-40 meters. I even have some sketchy evidence

FaHTp9M.png

06qYIlH.png

Yeah, it's QB and I pick high motivation for at least 2 units. Thing is the rest of his squad, 3 or 4 guys are still bailing. He turned and ran back into the fight. Few second to go in the turn and he gets clipped wounded, and still pulling another grenade about to throw it. He has supressed and injured one squad and has another coming at him from his 9 o'clock.

Will see if he makes it tomorrow. :)