2. 2. How do you play?

• RealTime for small stuff WeGo when it gets big
    • Always RealTime
    • Mostly RealTime but sometimes WeGo
    • Sometimes RealTime sometimes WeGo
    • Mostly WeGo but sometimes RealTime
    • Always WeGo

Iron + WeGo.

What I really like about WeGo is it feels more like a tactical problem. With WeGo it feels like there is (or could be) a set of decisions I could make that could result in minimal casualties, and I just need to see them. Essentially it feels more like a pen and paper wargame.

Real Time is great (and in theory no different), but it doesn't have the same feel for me. I'm sure I could hammer the pause button to be exactly the same as WeGo (or even more granular), but it doesn't have the same feel for me.

Being able to replay the last 60 seconds of action is one of the best parts of the game for me. I played real time for about 3 or 4 months when I first got CMBN. When I switched to WeGo, I saw my first sweet replay of a bazooka team brewing up a halftrack, I was sold on it. 

Even for tiny scenarios, I need to be able to replay turns and check out all the angles / perspectives. 

This is interesting everyone thanks for the voting so far.  Iron and Elite are closer than I thought.  More Iron players out there...  I have to admit I was expecting more Real time for small stuff WeGo for the rest - I swear I have seen multiple people talk about that.  I guess it was the same two people who mentioned it over and over :)

We i was new to CM i always played real time, We-Go kinda felt cumbersome to me. But as soon i started to play battalion sized battles, i had to switch to WeGo because you cant effectively be the battlion CO, the company COs, the platoon leaders and squad leaders at the same time when playing real time. Since then i stuck with WeGo because after i got used to it just feels much more comfortable to me than real time.

Skip right to Elite.  The difference between Elite and Warrior is Elite uses generic infantry icons for all all unidentifiable infantry.  So the enemy HQ and HMG units just look like regular infantry - in real  life you would not know the difference most of the time anyway.

Obviously the difference between Veteran and Warrior (or Elite) is the artillery timing.  Just jump in you will get used to timing things.

I play on Veteran but I like playing on basic training also. I just like being able to see what I'm dealing with when my units spot stuff, I have more fun that way and for me its less stressful. I play real-time and when things get too busy for me to take in or when the battles are really large I'll pause order.

I always play on elite and we-go. I have tried real time once or twice but the lack of replay makes it unusable for me. I always watch every turn at least 2-4 times to get the general picture of what happened and then watch some of the best bits once more with instant replays of kills and explosions  :D.

I have never bothered to try iron as it just sounds like a lot of unnecessary work with the chain of command gui without adding much realism in practice.