One T-90 just blitzed my entire stryker platoon.....

I knew that, The dang thing came in as reinforcements in an otherwise empty corner.  I had decided to move my way back javelin team like two turns before because he a hadn't had a sniff of anything in 20+ minutes.  It was a rather catastrophic mistake. :angry:

It smokes two Strykers in15 seconds, the one javelin with a shot crosses it up, and the team is vaporized by the air burst. I mean like OOW. :o

I recall reading Israeli casualty statistics for the Yom Kippur war some years back. I was struck by how much higher the tanker casualties were than the foot infantry casualties. That was because infantry knew better than to get in the way of a tank battle. Call us when its over!

an Oplot coming from nowhere tried to do the same thing to my BTR-82As, it got zapped with some penetrations by two 30mm cannons at close range.. he got one of the BTRs,  damaged another but had to retreat because it took too much damage ... I finished it later with a dismounted RPG team from the infantry  :D

One T-90 just blitzed my entire stryker platoon.....

in about one minute and ten seconds.

If the Abrams is even worse, is there any meaningful difference between a platoon of them and a visit from the grid square removal service (MLRS).

HAHA, i think i know what scenario you are talking about, the same thing happened to me :D. I had my Javelins in overwatch and i could kill the 2 T-90s within a minute, but not before they had taken out 3 of my Strykers + one of the Javelin teams. TRhe t-90s got 4 shots of and every shot killed its target.

I think his point was that the T-90 was so quick and accurate that his overwatch Javelins did not have time to react and save his striker platoon before they could kill the T-90

Yeah, that was my point. In CMSF the Syrian T-62s and early T-72s spot so badly that as long as you have Javelins in overwatch, your soft Strykers can operate without too much interference by the Syrian tanks. The russian T-90s in CMBS are a different story though. They are pretty much like scaled down M1A2s, they spot really quick and are able to hit everything with the first shot.

Edited by agusto

Where on the turret ?

I can't remember where the front hit decal was, but the rear exit was dead center. The two tanks were facing each other, with the Abram's hull slightly at an angle. The range was pretty close to 1,000 meters.

It was a lucky shot.

Edit:

Oh, forgot I grabbed a screenie of the rear. Here-'tis:

15807991393_ede5465407_c.jpg

The turret is facing where the tank was that killed it.

Edited by Macisle