Testing

BTR

yes they would be displayed in order. But the naming convention has to be as I have put

mtlb-texture .bmp

mtlb-texture 0.bmp

mtlb-texture 1.bmp

mtlb-texture 2.bmp

mtlb-texture 3.bmp

mtlb-texture 4.bmp

So just make sure you write/draw the numbers in order on each texture file. So like follows.

write/draw 001 on mtlb-texture.bmp.

write/draw 002 on mtlb-texture 0.bmp

write/draw 003 on mtlb-texture 1.bmp

etc

I dont think people really care for download sizes, bmp files are not that big, and its nothing compared to some of the 500MB ARMA 3 mods that some people deal with.

Edited by Stagler

BTR,

as an example:

the M1A2 has its gun texture in one of its texture .bmp files. The same as the skirts.  It's called "m1a2-skirts". I made 30 other files, named "m1a2-skirts 2", "m1a2-skirts 3" etc. each of them had a single difference, a single nickname for the tank shown on the tank barrel. When loading the game now with 30 M1A2 I will see almost all of them with a different name. There might still be couples or triples, but the more variations you add the less chanced to find two identical vehicles.

The only trick is to be sure the numbers or simbols do not get mirrored somewhere.
Example: the T-64 bulat turret era blocks have one single texture for both right and left. If I paint a number 3 on one side it will be a 3, on the other it will be a E (a number 3 mirrored).

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Well, it depends on how much variation you want.

The more you add the less probable to find a copy/double, the more unique each vehicle will be.

It's Worth only if it takes not too much effort to you and/or if the effect is really interesting.

Otherwise you might just stick to one detail for all vehicles.

Let's say you add a divisional marking on your T-72BM3. It would be better to use only that, because if a player has a couple of platoons he would expect them to use the same marking.

If you manage to add a tactical number, which should be different for each tank, the more the better, because the player would expect each vehicle to have a different number, but not a different divisional marking on each vehicle (would be a bit silly).

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

I would say use the same div marking. Just pick a WMD division.

Then do tank numbering - two companys worth.

111 - 1st company, 1st platoon, 1st tank

112 - 1st company, 1st platoon, 2nd tank.

113 - 1st company, 1st platoon, 3nd tank.

121 - 1st company, 2nd platoon, 1st tank.

Im not sure what the Company CO tank is numbered as.

101, 201, I think.

etc

Edited by Stagler

Release 1:

Russian Army regulation standard coloring. DOWNLOAD

Next in line: to get crazy with numbers and markings.

Ah, that is not working for me. The only thing I can download is a SaveAs.exe file - and I ain't doing that. Am is missing something on that download page? How about attaching the file here to the post or even the repository. Please.

I really like the consistent look of the green - nice work.

Ah, that is not working for me. The only thing I can download is a SaveAs.exe file - and I ain't doing that. Am is missing something on that download page? How about attaching the file here to the post or even the repository. Please.

I really like the consistent look of the green - nice work.

Hmm, don't know, the file name is RA-regulation standard.rar and I can download it from the link. Just make sure you press the small download button, not the big one  ;) . 

Edited by BTR