Interested on what difficulty people play on.

Spitzenhund

We-Go & Iron. I consider CM a simulation and i always play sims with maxed out realism settings / on maximum difficulty. I dont know why I should play a simulation if i tone down difficulty to acarde game levels. I WANT to be tortured :D.

I've got nothing to prove to myself so I'm content with Warrior level. I might nudge up to Elite if ammo dumps might be involved, or nudge down to Veteran if I want artillery to arrive in a timely manner.

Do you mind explaining to me how the "ammo dumps" thing works. I didn't understand what that meant while reading the description. 

Thank you.

We-Go & Iron.  I don't play on iron because I think it is difficult.  I like iron because IMO it makes it easier to tell what the Situational awareness of individual units are.  At the iron setting when you click on a fire team you will see only what that fire team is aware of to include friendly units.  This aids in the understanding of C2 and how C2, or the lack of it, plays a role in how that fire team may react to different situations.          

RT for small battles, WEGO for larger ones. Always IRON.

Yeah, IRON is tough. But so is the real deal. Battle is CHAOS.

Funny thing is, if you TRY to remember to use GOOD tactics, you'll do OK (mostly). Keywords here are TRY TO REMEMBER.

Too easy to forget and do silly/stupid/gamey stuff.... and get creamed....

we-go   iron

Do you mind explaining to me how the "ammo dumps" thing works. I didn't understand what that meant while reading the description. 

Thank you.

are you asking how to create or the impact of difficulty settings?

Basic

- Supplies from Ammo Dumps are automatically distributed among troops.

Veteran

Warrior

Elite and Iron you need to go get your stuff

Edited by sburke

And a little bit further on the ammo dump thing.

In the editor or QB picker you have a pull-down vehicle option of 'dismounted'. When you hit that the vehicle disappears but their internal acquireables stay behind in the form of a pile of boxes. Troops can 'acquire' from them just like from a vehicle. Except they're only visible on-map in Elite and Iron.  :)

I've got nothing to prove to myself so I'm content with Warrior level. I might nudge up to Elite if ammo dumps might be involved, or nudge down to Veteran if I want artillery to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm with Mikey.

Not with Mikey... oh you know what I mean.

Edited by Vein