Testing new Ukrainian camo

Saferight

A small suggestion. Real world (or CM world) isn't photographer's studio lighting. You might want to experiment with cranking the saturation down, playing with brightness/contrast. Ugh, that's the bane of my existence, forever chasing down artwork in the game than either needs to be brightened up or desaturated. From building facades to crops to street signs. See attached.

post-36386-0-36975800-1422765926_thumb.j

Edited by MikeyD

A small suggestion. Real world (or CM world) isn't photographer's studio lighting. You might want to experiment with cranking the saturation down, playing with brightness/contrast. Ugh, that's the bane of my existence, forever chasing down artwork in the game than either needs to be brightened up or desaturated. From building facades to crops to street signs. See attached.

Will do

More yellowish and less apple green was fine imo, just a tad less bright than it was. Just my 2 cents.

98b876234aeb241691c6ac49512a4435.jpg

i'm going to toy with it more but i'm pretty happy with where its at now. the variations i'm seeing in pics must be coming from the lighting that's all.

-7_zpseio5k2yl.jpg

plovsi1_zps6jdoqaxf.jpg

4pswp_zps8kf1db2j.jpg

In these comparative tests you can see how it looks very green in the shade of the forest and more yellow once out in the sun...

http://www.jabacamo.com/2014/05/jaba-multicam-tacs-fg-tacs-au.html

They look great. Can you make it so that in they editor they can be chosen as optional camo scheme or will they overwrite existing ones? Also, could you do a rag-tag mod with your uniforms?

For the Ukrainians you have two camo options, standard which is the soviet legacy TTsKO pattern uniforms and digital which is a pixel camo kinda reminiscent of UCP. This mod replaces the digital or can go along side the stock just depends on renumbering. As for other rag tagging the UA troops we'll see but i'm sure there are others in the community already working on that.

When you look at the picts also look at the leaves and grass. The picts where the uniform is bright the leaves and grass are also bright, that last one that looks more subdued the leaves and grass also look more subdued. Also bright sunlight versus overcast.

I see that 

Been really hard to make any progress just cant keep myself from the game, but here is some small progress.

Trying new boots 

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-03%2023-09-39

"Ukrop" Patch added to stock uniform

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-03%2023-44-01

i think i found the right brightness/saturation for the camo(at least for me), so vest pouches should be next then try my hand at making pockets and patches.

Yikes!!!  The first picture (studio lighting) looked awful close to the color of the Class 3 safety gear OSHA requires for construction workers...  minus the reflective striping of course  :)

I got the vest/plate carrier done but after many attempts with making matching pouches said to hell with it (most pics i've seen have mixed matched pouches anyway). so just have to add the shoulder patch and pockets at this point.

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-10%2014-30-26

In the mean time made some quick helmet covers to give the UKR digital troops a rag tag look. flavors are ucp, a-tacs fg, multicam, socom...

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-10%2014-55-53

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-10%2014-54-15

This mod replaces the stock digital helmet and adds another 7 for the Ukrainian soldiers in CMBS. Patterns are Porox UA Digital, UCP, SOCOM, Multicam, ATACS FG, and ATACS AU.

Should be on the repository in a day or two but here it is on dropbox 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiekm1nn2cjvxec/UA%20Rag%20Tag%20Helms%20%28Digital%20Mix%29.zip?dl=0