Could this be the best yet?

Wodin

Played a few hours today and even though I'm an East front obsessive I'm tending to think this is the best CM yet. The stock graphics for starters are streets ahead I feel on previous titles, esp the terrain.

The selection of toys is a joy and so far the scenarios I've played  have been superbly designed and have excellent terrain features\layout.

A HUGE thumbs up from me. Far exceeds my already high expectations!

I can't wait for future modules.

Who else thinks this could\is the best CMx2 to date?

I've announced the release on my Tactical Wargames FB page and so far it's getting excellent comments.

Edited by Wodin

I definately like the AAA capabilities. Or not when I am at the wrong end of them. In he US Campaign game I ignored the warnings about Russian Anti Aircraft capabilities and lived to regret it! :D

Note to self. You are not fighting Second Division Arabs now. This is CMBS and you are fighting the Russian Bear. First Divsion with top end gear. Don't underestimate Mr Bear. Face him once and live and he is SIR BEAR1 :D

It is the best so far.  It'd be pretty sad and rather like some wargames that I will not mention, if it was just the "new" version vs an improved model.   It's a really great addition so far, and by god compared to other Combat Mission games, this one was polished to a high gloss when it hit my hard drive.  Been a long time since I've enjoyed a game this much right on release day.  

Same here. This thing runs as smooth as no other CM before for me (and I play CM since the very first CM). As I first fired it up today I thought thats this is so good looking right out of the box that I dont need any mods.

For me its the best CM so far. Good job BF. Keep it up.

You guys all owe me $55. I wasn't sure if I'd give Black Sea a spin because I know much more about WWII military than modern. Your comments however have won me over......

That was my take in the begining too, but modern is awesome. Why stick with one when you can enjoy both :D

Yep, this could be BFCs best CMX2 title so far, a 10/10. I am aware that i am saying this possibly because i personally prefer modern over WW2, but even objectively the game seems to offer more than the other base games. Drones, ATGMs, NVGs, precision artillery, eltronic warfare, APS, ground-air warfare all bring new tactical options to the game that none of the previous games offered.

It was certainly worth the downloading troubles yesterday. Great job yet again! Just played Gagarina Ave Checkpoint (Russians vs. Ukrainians) and it was great fun. BMP3s are a blast (literally) to use, although I was a bit sloppy and lost quite a few of them.

While I really enjoyed CMSF, it could be damned near impossible to win as the Syrians in many battles. This game is much more balanced and it looks great. Don't underestimate anyone in this game.

I have no doubts about this statement being true, Pete. I think every CM gets better than the one before. Its almost unbelievable that this is even possible, but its what is happening. Bring it on!

Love the polished graphics and the smooth gameplay. Only one question remains, when will i get the time to play all this stuff? I havent finished the red thunder campaigns yet...

"isn't the stock terrain texture the same as in CMRT?" It depends on your definition of 'stock terrain'. Roads are modern, pavement is modern, houses and bridges are modern , telephone poles and street signs are changed. Yes, birch leaves are still birch leaves. I don't know how a 2017 birch leaf would differ from a 1944 birch leaf.

Very well done. Its also a very stark contrast to the WW2 games. Makes you wonder that if somthing like this did happen just how long it could last at full intensity. I get the sense that after a few weeks both sides would be pretty beat up and neither would be very enthusiastic to continue, unless one side broke.

Its easy to see why so much resources is put into satelites, long range destection systems, stand off weapon systems and airpower where you can shoot precision weapons at great stand off distances. You want to kill off, demoralize and hinder an army long before you actually make contact if possible, because if Black Sea is a realistic representation of what modern land combat is like, you wouldn't want to just have 2 modern, well equipped and motivated armies just go head to head. It seems to be you would just have a real slaughter on both sides.

Edited by db_zero

Very well done. Its also a very stark contrast to the WW2 games. Makes you wonder that if somthing like this did happen just how long it could last at full intensity. I get the sense that after a few weeks both sides would be pretty beat up and neither would be very enthusiastic to continue, unless one side broke.

Its easy to see why so much resources is put into satelites, long range destection systems, stand off weapon systems and airpower where you can shoot precision weapons at great stand off distances with less lives risked. You want to kill off, demoralize and hinder an army long before you actually make contact if possible, because if Black Sea is a realistic representation of what modern land combat is like, you wouldn't want to just have 2 modern, well equipped and motivated armies just go head to head. It seems to be you would just have a real slaughter on both sides.

"isn't the stock terrain texture the same as in CMRT?" It depends on your definition of 'stock terrain'. Roads are modern, pavement is modern, houses and bridges are modern , telephone poles and street signs are changed. Yes, birch leaves are still birch leaves. I don't know how a 2017 birch leaf would differ from a 1944 birch leaf.

I'm referring to ground textures like grass, yellow grass, etc. That I heard remained the same due to Eastern front depicted in CMRT covering similar geographical area like CMBS.

Is that correct?

Edited by Hister

While I really enjoyed CMSF, it could be damned near impossible to win as the Syrians in many battles. This game is much more balanced and it looks great. Don't underestimate anyone in this game.

I'm hoping my first h2h game is not an accurate predictor of CMBS.  After 2 turns, it appears to be the opposite of the above quote.  Playing a Meeting Engagement QB as the U.S., against an opponent I have found tough to beat, the game appears to be over. As the U.S. player, I believe all the Russian tanks, have been knocked out, and the Russian infantry have suffered numerous casualties. I've lost just 3 of my infantry. Much of this damage was done by my Bradleys.

Backing this up are some one-on-one tests I've run (at 1000m) using Bradleys against Russian T-90AMs (with APS).  In all cases, it was a mismatch.

Abrams will eat your face.  TOW-2B is likely the most APS resistant missile outside of the out and out APS dodging Javelin.  Going face to face tank to tank etc with the US has not been a good idea for a few decades.  

Also depends greatly on posture and who's defending/attacking and weather conditions (the US face eater ability goes through the roof once it's dark/raining/etc)

There was an old book written 1985?

It was an account of what might happen in a cold war fight back then.

The main aspect which is true today is ammo depletion which the book discussed. Supply was the biggest issue with both sides running out of ammo in 7-8 weeks with fighting on massive fronts.

With MGs firing lotza rounds and all high tech ammo even with mass production supply couldnt keep up with demand.

So this game shows easily the ammo depletion of units.

My guys burned through 00s of rounds suppressing very fast.

One feature of this game id like added is where you can auto supply your troops with ammo from all vehicles purchased.

Option max out ammo. They need more ammo lol

AT launchers can can be at players choice.

Just makes it easier to kick off :)

Still love the game thou