Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0041ea37
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.49
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Worked fine at first, but started happening after I updated the video card drivers.

Using the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Rolled back to Intel Graphics driver ver 8.15.10.2653 and its back to working fine.

On a Win7 64bit system.

The new driver - that one that did not work - was ver 9.17.10.3517

same problem for me, but installing of  8.15.10.2653 driver didn't help(Dell Latitude E6420. Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-2520M,Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000) Win 7 64-bit

Edited by TimUA

Unfortunately Intel integrated graphics are VERY hit and miss with the CM series. Some drivers work, while many others crash immediately or within a few minutes of play. In this situation a driver worked for one customer, while for another it didn't... It may take quite a bit of experimentation to find a driver that may work. You will want to download the various drivers you want to try and UNINSTALL your current driver and then (possibly after a reboot) install the new driver. You'll want to uninstall each driver before installing a different one.

If your laptop has another graphics adapter it is suggested to use that instead by typically creating a 'profile' (within that graphics adapter's control panel or applet) or changing some other setting that forces the game to use the non-Intel graphics.

"UNINSTALL your current driver and then (possibly after a reboot) install the new driver" hope this will help. What if i run CMBS on Linux, do u think it might help? 

CMBS doesn't run under Linux, even though it utilizes the OpenGL API. I don't think the WINE emulator software is beefy enough (or simply tweaked properly) to handle the CM series, but I haven't tried it lately either (I think the copy-protection system may also not work). If it does work, then the performance will likely be quite a bit less than Windows, since so much driver developer effort is focused on Windows (resulting in better optimization of those drivers).

Looking at the WineHQ site they list CMRT and CMSF in the App database, however both applications have got a 'garbage' rating. For CMSF they have patch 1.07 listed as 'Bronze', but the 1.2 (1.20, I assume) patch is listed as 'garbage'.

The most likely path to a solution is to try the various Intel drivers (assuming most actually work with your laptop) under Windows. I'm not sure how far to go back or what may really end up working for you though. This dated Knowledgebase article on Intel drivers and CMx2 games lists some possible drivers to try, but I'm not sure how easy it may be to find these particular versions.

On 24.11.2016 at 2:35 AM, Schrullenhaft said:

The most likely path to a solution is to try the various Intel drivers (assuming most actually work with your laptop) under Windows.

Edited by TimUA

I tryed all avalable patches for intel hd 3000, it works only if i run in a "fix compatibility mode(compatible with win xp?)". I translated this from rus win7, not sure that i did it correctly. It works with bugs though(lags, fonts etc.) :(