Kieme's modding corner

Nice Mord, ok, but for the ranges, it would be too much. Something needs to be aknowledged out of game.

Edit: there's a problem: the weapon textures are of a very low size: 68x20 pixels, not really easy to fit a readable text, what did you do Mord?

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Thank you Kieme!!

Giving us ammo type and ranges would match all the other CM2 titles.  Unless one is expert in the weapons systems, ranges are also essential.  It takes forever to look em up in the manual.  And the manual is often vague about such things.

Edited by Erwin

Excellent work Kieme.  Your mods definitely make the game look so much better.  I hope your able to incorporate Mord's suggestion about the ammo the weapons take.  Your Special Equipment panel is very cool.  It makes the other panels look rather drab.  If you have the time and motivation to bring the rest of the user interface up to your standards that would really rock.  And I like the tank silhouette.  Nicely done.          

Sorry, was away even though I have a window open on the site. I just typed in the 5.56mm and played around with the font and the size. That was Courier New at 9pt.

Yeah, I think it would be too cluttered even if you could fit the range on there. You could take a look at one of Marco's mods and see what he does.

Mord.

Kieme CMBS dots for interface (color-blind friendly)

This mod changes the dots representing crew/passengers inside vehicles on the interface. The mod is designed to allow colour blind people better distinguish an empty seat from a filled seat.

Special thanks to silent one for pointing out the problem.

Note: there are a few options inside, if you prefer to change the appearance of empty seats you'll find some variations there named "dot 0 option1" "dot0 option2" etc, remove the word "option1" "option2" etc, and delete the original "dot 0" in order to use that option.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/dcxxe986s7pi14fkuafxq6o18cdvv5l8

Preview:

2ynsbjk.jpg

Vanilla for comparison:

2aflxd1.jpg

Note: the above sceenshots show some modifications that are not yet released (unit portrait and background interface grey box).

Edited by Kieme(ITA)