Kieme's modding corner

Kieme CMBS BMP-2-k-M

Special thanks to BTR for providing the ideal green base textures.

This mod covers the three variants of BMP-2 available for the Russian Army.

Includes new normal maps.

*****Comes in 2 variations of green, one lighter and more desaturated, one darker and more greenish. Pick the one you prefer but be sure to install only one of the two versions!

Dark green version Download: https://app.box.com/s/3zqr2zbyaz7pjc1a598isn2a7boacmln

Dark green version Preview:

s4szl3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light green version download: https://app.box.com/s/5va39km5skgld4z1wxdwjc7dnx1ffvfl

Light green version Preview:

110bs5t.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option:

this mod includes the option to paint the equipment of BMP-2M in a different shade of green.

This is the standard BMP-2M of the mod:

30iwei1.jpg

This is the optional shade of green for BMP-2M (hereby shown with the light green version):

t8nnye.jpg

How to install:

If you want to see your BMP-2M with their modernized equipment in this different shade you'll need to rename this file: "bmp-2m_turret optional" by removing the word "optional", thus overwriting the "bmp-2m_turret" file.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

It would be really great if BFC would include some stuff like Kieme is making in the next module. The games are really getting to the point where everything looks the same, and some more dedicated modern objects, like civilian vehicles would really add to the atmosphere. If they get around to uncons they could maybe make some cars/trucks and such where we could pick them in the editor and have a choice that marks them as parked (removes passengers from game), instead of dismounted/immobilized that way they wouldn't be sitting around idling, would provide cover and concealment (until destroyed) and also still be subject to FOW (though that's not that big a deal to me). Anything would help, because the houses and stuff just don't feel that modern to me at this point.

EDITED: Or maybe the few maps I have seen so far just haven't utilized everything to their potential. I'd still like to see the vehicles irregardless.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Kieme CMBS T-84 Oplot - green version

I owed a Bradley veteran one plain green, dirty Oplot...

Please note that this mod is not compatible with the old T-84 Oplot mod with digital camouflage, use only one of the two mods, pick the one you prefer and unistall the other one.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/zwyqv1lnih6tjacvtgjuo78eqvyvaioq

Preview:

2i3k2q.jpg

Kieme CMBS modular buildings add-on 2 and 3 (HD)

I had to split these two due to upload troubles.

Anyway, this mod adds 4 new buildings variations for the modular buildings in game, bringing the total of modded buildings types to 16. 

This mod won't change any current buildings in game but will give more options in the scenario editor and future scenarios that might use this mod.

This mod is in HD meaning it's double the resolution of standard vanilla textures.

Contents: a modern concrete/brick residential building, a multi storey parking lot, an under construction building covered with tarpaulins and a metal sheet covered structure.

Important note: this mod requires the installation of Kieme CMBS modular buildings add-on 1 (HD) in order to show up in game, available here: https://app.box.com/s/3whq3ye3oxl5k1ru6qsj7b68xyp0ffxx

Download part 2: https://app.box.com/s/3b38gl6wykb1h1sqmovv4z5gicof4krf

Download part 3: https://app.box.com/s/3jvzj9rmgdbpg14gpcgbok88qk3ik8es

Previews:

2num5xs.jpg

2ecqg54.jpg

3008sjn.jpg

icr7s4.jpg

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Thanks IanL,

yes that building is quite tricky: the "open" walls are in truth without Windows, this means troops won't be able to shoot/spot from there.

Example:

kec2tl.jpg

A solution would be to add balconies (with one door each), such as this:

Example:

2gtb7n8.jpg

In order to enter the building at least a door must be placed in the ground floor, alternatively, a blank/empty wall can be added to create the entrance.

It's not exacltly what you would expect, so it's more of a aesthetic building than a fully functional one. Best choice is to use the rooftop, but the balconies work well too.

This mod integrates well with one of the previous part 1 add on (it's the same base texture), an example: 

nod92a.jpg

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Kieme CMBS additional flavor objects  2 (military vehicles)

This mod adds 2 new flavor objects to the game, in form of two military vehicles (a BMP-1 and a T-54b, stripped of most external accessories), textured as long-time abandoned hardware. The models and textures were ported from combat mission shock force game with some adjustments and heavy weathering.

These flavor objects are not present in any game map created since now, but they will be available for map makers from now on if they decide to use them.

You will find these in game's editor, under "vehicle" in the flavor objects 3 Group.

Note: these flavor objects do not provide cover, don't block shots or vehicles movement and are sometimes glitchy with their shadows.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/puyx6ropwm502j9zpjmm5v1r0y31vltc

Preview:

mimn2b.jpg

How to use them? In the editor i mean, how do you place them? Lkike regular flavour objects? Do they replace any of the existing ones?

BTW these look great :).

Also could you import a T-34 from CMRT and turn it into a flavour object? That would be so cool :D, i am thinking of a WW2 memorial or something. Maybe i  am going to make another siege scenario, i already made two for CMSF (FSA/Al-Nusra capture of SAA Base 46 and Base 111). If i do i will use your flavour objects.

Edited by agusto

Hi, I wrote it in the description:

You will find these in game's editor, under "vehicle" in the flavor objects 3 Group.

Those mods only add new flavor objects, they don't change anything already existing. They are like all other flavs, you can turn them around etc.

I didn't thought of a war memorial, it's a nice idea, indeed you could create the classic embankment stand with a tank sitting on top. I'll take a look at that. Would it be a T-34/76 mod.43?

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Kieme CMBS additional flavor objects 5 (monument)

Could be used as war memorials, gate guards of military bases or museum props.

Special thanks to agusto for the idea.

This mod adds 3 new flavor objects to the game, in form of three world war 2 russian tanks (T-34/76, T-70m, JS-2m). The models and textures were ported from combat mission red thunder game.

These flavor objects are not present in any game map created since now, but they will be available for map makers from now on if they decide to use them.

You will find these in game's editor, under "monument" in the flavor objects 2 Group.

Note: these flavor objects do not provide cover, don't block shots or vehicles movement and are sometimes glitchy with their shadows.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/odn7zwh274fd2chzwfvhtafmqoya04mj

Previews:

317fbeb.jpg

zyc8s2.jpg

Hi, I wrote it in the description:

Those mods only add new flavor objects, they don't change anything already existing. They are like all other flavs, you can turn them around etc.

Nice.

I didn't thought of a war memorial, it's a nice idea, indeed you could create the classic embankment stand with a tank sitting on top. I'll take a look at that. Would it be a T-34/76 mod.43?

Most likely it would be late war model, like a T-34/85. Early and mid war models probably survived only in comparably small numbers. I was having something like this in mind:

4168939236_15c4299387.jpg

t34-tanks-at-the-memorial.jpg

9244101116223648.jpg

EDIT: WOW that was fast :D. Thanks for making this.

Edited by agusto