agusto

Spec-group behind enemy lines (excerpt from a ongoing PBEM match):

The enemy.

5545WQf.jpg

My AT-7 platoon.

A2oOJkJ.jpg

Our positions relative to each other.

3mrWJHN.jpg

AT-4 squad supporting the AT-7 platoon (located on my left flank)

onXsgPz.jpg

Turn ends (with smoke and without), 4 destroyed BMP 2's and one destroyed T64.

dV1Ctw4.jpg

yMptqVv.jpg

Next turn, T64 joins the fray.

M7mqVfX.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, Aurelius said:

M7mqVfX.jpg

One item for reference.  If you hit Shift-esc then you can pause without the text showing - makes for better screen shots.  You can also remove hit text as well but that is largely a matter of preference.  Some folks like to have that showing.

Just now, sburke said:

If you hit Shift-esc then you can pause without the text showing - makes for better screen shots

Tried it, didn't work, most probably my mistake.

Just now, sburke said:

You can also remove hit text as well but that is largely a matter of preference.

Aware of that, but this situation warranted hit text in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

An Abrams scores a double kill on two of my HQ tanks and a third has a lucky escape and then knocks it out, the mission is a converted version of the Red Thunder mission: Carius at Malinava, Tigers swapped for M1A2SEPs, IS-2's to T-90A's, T-34's to T-72B3's and the StuG's to a Cavalry troop of M3A3's.

There was a second double penetration in the game later too, but it only destroyed the first tank, leaving the second with damaged tracks, the distance between the two tanks in that case was much further (several hundred meters). The shot in this video passed through the first tank, at least two buildings and exited the second T-72 at its rear. Not sure the second tank shouldn't have just been immobilized, but whatever. Still cool, and I should have noted the positions before the turn started as I knew the Abrams was coming the previous turn.

Edited by Jace11

It's a very quick and dirty conversion, only did it today. Briefings etc remain as Red Thunder version, just units changed and assigned the AI plans to them on a 1 to 1 basis. Just wanted a fun tank scenario after watching too many Steel Beasts vids on YouTube. You might want to try switching out the T-90A's for T-90AM's as the SEP's just steamrollered me when I played as the Russians.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CX9r4IrLc-dV5sqp7LEvqa75nliEBj6k

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A win is a win, so don't knock it.  :)

In Campaigns where perhaps losses and ammo are not replaced 100% (or at all) and force preservation is important, it's usually fun to have more than enough forces to complete a mission easily without feeling like one is in a desperate fight every single mission.  The objective becomes "win with minimal losses."  In this instance could you have won with 10% casualties with that "overwhelming force" rather than the 30% losses the Russians suffered?

Edited by Erwin

10 hours ago, Erwin said:

In Campaigns where perhaps losses and ammo are not replaced 100% (or at all) and force preservation is important, it's usually fun to have more than enough forces to complete a mission easily without feeling like one is in a desperate fight every single mission.  The objective becomes "win with minimal losses."  In this instance could you have won with 10% casualties with that "overwhelming force" rather than the 30% losses the Russians suffered?

This  "overwhelming force" is "unuseful and overmuch crowd". When you fight yanki on the small map it is trouble to protect unuseful reserves; one forward observer team could make you more casualties just by Paladin or M777. It;s more preferable if only a one RTG will attack supported by engineers and recons. They had major of casualties as assault teams had been built of recons+engineers+1 motostrelki platoon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been away for a while... Decided to drop back into CM:BS with the excellent Wrong Turn at Albuquerque scenario.  Dragged the Russians into a real slug-fest since I didn't get my Javelins into good covering positions.  I found my M136s far more useful.

1CQ9FkJ.png

Though a Bradley at close range is a real threat to T-72s!

hvU62yF.png

Edited by HerrTom