Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Part Nine:

The left flank is about to fold!!!

During these few turns the Russians attack our weakened left flank with several APCs + INF!!! They cut our forces in half and separate 1st SQD/B Team from our main defense line. The rest of our forces on the hill are ordered to fall back to the village. Our AH-64E Apache gunships are on station and beginning to do their best to ensure our safety.

If our relief force does not show up soon I think that we will not be able to hold onto the left flank. Things are looking rather grim for NATO at this time.

Part Nine:

The left flank is about to fold!!!

During these few turns the Russians attack our weakened left flank with several APCs + INF!!! They cut our forces in half and separate 1st SQD/B Team from our main defense line. The rest of our forces on the hill are ordered to fall back to the village. Our AH-64E Apache gunships are on station and beginning to do their best to ensure our safety.

If our relief force does not show up soon I think that we will not be able to hold onto the left flank. Things are looking rather grim for NATO at this time.

Would it somehow be possible for you to share that screen image at the beginning of your video? 2 soldiers aming their guns at each other and in the middle we have the briefing? :D

From an ongoing scenario...

Meet Captain Maksym Kyrychenko. The remnants of his tattered line company are attempting to strongpoint a series of forested hillocks outside of Stara Basan. Attrited by the devil's luck slugging of RUS attack helicopters and SPA, his men inhabit the fringe between despondency and the need for retribution. In these images, Kyrychenko's BTR-70K and his attached US liason team pull their vehicles off the road as the battalion net spits and hums: local air defense warning - attack imminent.

16488318042_61da198f31_o.png

As the LADW comes down the line a UKR mech platoon relocates their mix of vehicles under the canopy in an effort to conceal themselves. In the bottom image, a UKR soldier reacts to the thump of rotor blades and the stacatto reply of small arms in the distance while frantically offloading ammunition from his squad's IFV. The platoon's sister company is being consumed. The Bear is coming.

16303032679_63abc81a14_o.png

800 meters north of the UKR FEBA a pair of BRM-3K's push hard into their next position and disgorge their recon teams.  The shock and violence of their supporting arms and the recon company's own resolute pace of manuever has fractured the UKR lines throughout their area of operations. The ineffectual response of UKR counter battery fire and the flickering resistance offered by opposing ground forces affords testimony to their sobering efficiency.

16303033249_d70c4ed504_o.png

Elsewhere, the command element of the RUS assault recon company sends its dismounts forward for a last minute appraisal of the line of advance.  Jointly, the cramped interior of the pictured BMP-3M thrums with activity as the platoon CO and his attached air controller labor to synthesize the encrypted traffic from their forwardmost units and the live video stream from a skyward Zala UAV. A pair of inbound Mi-28N attack helicopters skirting the treetops will herald the company's entrance onto the battlefield.

16488318782_a5622b8e24_o.png

Part Ten:

During these next few turns not only are we reinforced by our Ukrainian allies but we manage to hold the line and repel the ENY advance.

The Russians make a mad dash with 3 APCs on our right flank but 3rd SQD manages to kill one with a nice AT4 shot while our center LMTV heats up the barrel of his .50 while mowing down ENY ground troops.

Our Sniper and FO team begin to take fire on our right flank and we quickly decide to relocate into both the woods and the building behind.

Unfortunately for 1st SQD/B Team and his accompanying Engineer section, they make a valiant last stand before being quickly overrun by ENY troops.

On the right flank another ENY APC gets danger close to our troops but 2nd SQD makes short work of it with a point blank AT4 kill right into the BTRs flank.

The Ukrainians arrive just in time and I give them their marching orders getting them right into the fight. I move the a rifle squad and HQ unit with their respective BMP transports into the woods on the left flank which desperately needs bolstering. They get into position just in time to kill an ENY BTR dueling it out with our LMTV.

I move the BM Oplot to the center of the map and he begins to engage ENY tanks across the river. The remaining Ukrainian BMP3 is ordered to advance to the right flank.

I have to mention SGT Donahue (Sniper Section) as his superb discipline under fire saves many lives during this turn. He and his .50 cal sniper rifle manage to destroy/repel the ENY APC advance.

Part Eleven:

Our Ukrainian allies are in place on both the left and right flank and we begin to counter assault the Russians.  We do lose a Ukrainian BMP on the left flank but in turn we also destroy an ENY MBT and another APC across the river in the center of the map.  Now that our reinforcements have arrived things are starting to look a lot better!

From an ongoing scenario...

Meet Captain Maksym Kyrychenko. The remnants of his tattered line company are attempting to strongpoint a series of forested hillocks outside of Stara Basan. Attrited by the devil's luck slugging of RUS attack helicopters and SPA, his men inhabit the fringe between despondency and the need for retribution. In these images, Kyrychenko's BTR-70K and his attached US liason team pull their vehicles off the road as the battalion net spits and hums: local air defense warning - attack imminent.

16488318042_61da198f31_o.png

As the LADW comes down the line a UKR mech platoon relocates their mix of vehicles under the canopy in an effort to conceal themselves. In the bottom image, a UKR soldier reacts to the thump of rotor blades and the stacatto reply of small arms in the distance while frantically offloading ammunition from his squad's IFV. The platoon's sister company is being consumed. The Bear is coming.

16303032679_63abc81a14_o.png

800 meters north of the UKR FEBA a pair of BRM-3K's push hard into their next position and disgorge their recon teams.  The shock and violence of their supporting arms and the recon company's own resolute pace of manuever has fractured the UKR lines throughout their area of operations. The ineffectual response of UKR counter battery fire and the flickering resistance offered by opposing ground forces affords testimony to their sobering efficiency.

16303033249_d70c4ed504_o.png

Elsewhere, the command element of the RUS assault recon company sends its dismounts forward for a last minute appraisal of the line of advance.  Jointly, the cramped interior of the pictured BMP-3M thrums with activity as the platoon CO and his attached air controller labor to synthesize the encrypted traffic from their forwardmost units and the live video stream from a skyward Zala UAV. A pair of inbound Mi-28N attack helicopters skirting the treetops will herald the company's entrance onto the battlefield.

16488318782_a5622b8e24_o.png

Good stuff here. Did you PS the face for grime? Looks awesome...

Nik Mond:

Thanks, I'm glad folks enjoy them. The UKR soldier model was my favorite too. I thought catching an angle that permitted the virtual soldier's gaze to meet the viewer's might create a nice little effect.  You guys did such a great job - it's a pleasure to show off the game!

Nice pictures peterpz. That first Ukrainian soldier would make good box cover art, nice touch.

ridethe415:

Thanks. If time permits, I'll try to share more as my first scenario unfolds. The textures are Fuser's "Weathered Faces" from Battle for Normandy, I simply renamed them for Black Sea using the filenames found within the 100a.brz. You can get the same effect yourself very easily - try it out!

Good stuff here. Did you PS the face for grime? Looks awesome...

I get a kick out of everyone's stories and images in this thread. Keep it up fellas.

I noticed this BTR-4 driver doesn't seem too impressed with my plan... he had a bit of close call with a BMP-3. Surprisingly not even injured. They went over his shoulder, past the gunners leg, and out the back of the vehicle without injuring anyone with spall or damaging anything important.

post-60181-0-78071700-1423725546_thumb.j

Edited by Ryujin