agusto

Some screens from the Gagarinina Avenue Checkpoint scenario

Tank platoon moving to battle stations

il6clGm.jpg

T-90A trying to spot enemies

eGAK6bC.jpg

Fire!

ysuQIwK.jpg

Close to the end of the battle, one of mine T-90 finally spots (trough smoke) and eliminate that pesky Bulat that was ruining my day

5YD13z6.jpg

js7GOkB.jpg

Then i was able to close on objectives and win the battle, despite losing 2 tanks 1 apc and some troops

Qx1IbhN.jpg 

Ambush Scenario shots

Ukrainian BTR approaching the town

aLPzEkP.jpg

Assault squad crossing an alley overwatched by one BTR

NfSBdR1.jpg

Death at the crossroad

KjSQHLD.jpg

Ukrainian troops rushing over a bridge covered by BTR fire

6uEwq8x.jpg

QRF BMP opens fire preparing the assault

U40I5LC.jpg

Ukrainian spearhead advance trhough the fields

PbmfHO5.jpg

A BMP suppress enemy infantry while a truck flees 

QO5Tv3Q.jpg

And the final result; i've managed to save 3 out of 4 trucks after an extra 5 min time...then i decided to concede ceasefire thinking that the mission was accomplished, but i was wrong

rMRH6jX.jpg

This is a great scenario; in this playtrhough i've focused on clearing the town ad the outskirts, i wanted to learn a bit of urban tactics, but the time it's not your friend and i had to rush, so i played the last turns too "RTS style"

Thanks for this @raven80 they are superb screenshots - they bring the scenario to life.

Glad you enjoyed the scenario. It started life out as wee test scenario during an early beta of CMBS to test map creating stuff. Nice to see it's settled into being a popular wee scenario. It's also one of my favourites. If you are interested another 'similar' one is "Morning Coffee" set in the same time frame and involves UKR and Russian troops.

Speaking of AA missiles.  IN the Russian campaign I find that the vehicular missiles were ineffective.  Every kill was to Iglas.  However, my guys ran out of Iglas quite quickly.

Am wondering how do players manage their AA missile supply.  It seems to make sense in RL to put every guy with an Igla out there ready to shoot. 

Or perhaps the mission simply doesn't provide enuff Iglas or missiles?  You'd think that Iglas would be plentiful.

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

Speaking of AA missiles.  IN the Russian campaign I find that the vehicular missiles were ineffective.  Every kill was to Iglas.  However, my guys ran out of Iglas quite quickly.

Am wondering how do players manage their AA missile supply.  It seems to make sense in RL to put every guy with an Igla out there ready to shoot. 

Or perhaps the mission simply doesn't provide enuff Iglas or missiles?  You'd think that Iglas would be plentiful.

For goodness sake, this a screenshot topic. Go and start a new topic with those sorts questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While waiting for the New Year hubbub to die down and for my buddy to get me his turn, I tried making a video!  (Spoilers to Ambush if you haven't played it already)

I've got the introduction and the first 5 minutes.  I can say making videos is a lot more work than the text AARs - so let me know if you think it's worth my time! B)

Oh, and happy new year to everyone!

12 hours ago, HerrTom said:

While waiting for the New Year hubbub to die down and for my buddy to get me his turn, I tried making a video!  (Spoilers to Ambush if you haven't played it already)

I've got the introduction and the first 5 minutes.  I can say making videos is a lot more work than the text AARs - so let me know if you think it's worth my time! B)

I thought this was excellent. I liked the opening view and narrative, which I thought was very effective at setting the scene.Likewise, the footage and editing have been very well done. I look forward to the next instalment. Happy New year!

13 hours ago, HerrTom said:

I can say making videos is a lot more work than the text AARs - so let me know if you think it's worth my time! B)

+1  Very well done.  Especially considering that I think this was one of your first video AARs (Maybe THE first?).  I really liked the view as if we were driving down the road at one point.  Another time we seemed to be standing alongside the road as the convoy drove past. Almost like a war correspondent might report with the vehicles moving in the background.  I think one of your truck drivers might be drunk judging by the way he couldn't stay on the road.  Might want to check on that guy:lol:.  I hope you have the time and patience to make more.  And of course you'll get even better with time and practice.    

HAPPY New Year!!

Edited by MOS:96B2P

8 hours ago, George MC said:

I thought this was excellent. I liked the opening view and narrative, which I thought was very effective at setting the scene.Likewise, the footage and editing have been very well done. I look forward to the next instalment. Happy New year!

Thanks, George!  I mostly just read your briefing with some omissions and word edits to get it to make more sense when I read it out loud in this context haha!

7 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

(Maybe THE first?)

Yup! :D

Learned some more effects in Lightworks.  And found a better location to record - less echos and more consistent.  Still probably need a better microphone.  My fiancee heard me reviewing the video and told me "that doesn't sound anything like you!"

This was an awesome moment. In a recent loss to @slysniper things were not going smoothly for me. My T64s were dying fast vs his T90s and my units were withdrawing as fast as they could. At this point I figured I was done for and would not even last out the full clock. His forces had just cleared the tree line and were now exposed to my Skif teams (I had several, four I think) that were waiting for just that moment. The first one fired and missed and died shortly after. My heart sank. But then the next two turns other ATGM teams took out four T90s. In that moment the attack momentum faltered and I ran down the clock still holding on to one of the objectives. I still lost - big but it was not a total route and I lasted the time on the clock. This is one of those kills. The most interesting because...

The shot
20180103044255-dd2d5248.jpg

The target is returning fire
20180103044259-d33633e8.jpg

Lucky, this team gets to live to fire again
20180103044302-9d262f77.jpg

Looks a little low
20180103044306-089a18f2.jpg

It is low but still finds home
20180103044309-0a495fb6.jpg

How low was it? Really low...
20180103044312-e6ba8934.jpg

1 hour ago, IanL said:

ATGM teams took out four T90s. In that moment the attack momentum faltered and I ran down the clock still holding on to one of the objectives. I still lost - big but it was not a total route and I lasted the time on the clock. This is one of those kills. 20180103044312-e6ba8934.jpg

+1 NICE shot!!!  Beautiful explosion also :D.