Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Hello fellow Combat Mission commanders. I have uploaded few 4k resolution videos of Combat Mission Afghanistan, Battle of Normandy, Black Sea and Shock Force to our youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pmcsince1984

Hopefully I'll be making more in the future so check that link for latest videos. Also there is specific Combat Mission playlist available if you want to strictly filter out CM videos.

The Eagle and the Bear

Operation Hammer - End times.

This is me still playing through this wonderful campaign.

The right hook that broke the camels back.

capture_001_15032016_171039_zpsri0sqfqm.

The dominating feature in the russian defence.  That I positively arty'd the hell out of.  Airburst munitions against dug in troops with no overhead protection.

capture_004_15032016_171221_zpsljtfff3b.

The russian counter attack on the left.

capture_005_15032016_171354_zpsgi6t4per.

The wreckage left behind by my mechanised assault.  The Abrams and Brads just blew through these guys, poor sods lol.

capture_002_15032016_171103_zpsfr6odrnx.

capture_006_15032016_171442_zpsr29ivi3z.

Flanking fire.

capture_003_15032016_171152_zpsl7gpupcq.

And finally the butchers bill

capture_007_15032016_171520_zpsttmmrc55.

On to the next battle.

capture_008_15032016_173227_zpsouja0v7u.

I think we have a problem.  Anyone seen this happen before in a scripted campaign.  Seems the russians decided on a very FORWARD defensive line.

Edited by Doc844

Ok I think you are on Turning the Tide. I have went back and checked the battle in the editor and everything is setup as it should be. I thought I may have left some scattered setup zones in the AI but all checked out fine. I loaded the mission up under Battle and everything looked right also. I also clicked it from the red side (it is a blue campaign only) and everything was still where it should be.

I checked the script to see if something was screwy there but all seems right, so I am completely bumfuzzled as to why this is happening. Unless something got corrupted in the upload I am just not sure.

Has anyone else who has reached this stage of the campaign seen this? If so let me know. I will continue to investigate as this bugs the crap out of me lol. Sorry for any inconvience.

Mike (dragonwynn)

It appeared that Doc had a older version of the campaign. As I explained to him when I designed the campaign I used a few modified quick battle maps. However due to my ignorance I failed to delete out all the AI plans that came with the QB maps. If I recall this was one of the battles that had the AI setup still in it from the QB. This was corrected in the newest version which was uploaded in August, so if any of you are still playing the older version you can download the newer corrected version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18wyir9dw95hv9h/The Eagle and the Bear.cam?dl=0

This is the .cam file only so you dont have to download all the mods again. The full campaign with mods can be downloaded at the thread for this campaign. I do apologise for any inconvience.

Mike (dragonwynn)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow 24 kills and 3 dead IFVs...not bad for a recoilless rifle team. Mine usually tend to not survive that long after making contact with the enemy. For far were they away from kill zone?

@Rinaldi: yeah, those are awesome screenshot. Very nice ;). I havent had any time to play lately but these pictures make me wanna turn on my PC and fire up a scenario so badly lol.

Hello everyone! :)

So I decided to finally upload some of me (hopefully) interesting screenshots from CM:BS. Those are from my earliest playthroughs, without much mods installed. Sorry for not editing out the background menu. 

cuwqWEXl.png

WH5M7fvl.png

TyLhbFll.png

vTui97Al.png

zjTU0LAl.png

v3dtVOnl.png

fU3squZl.png

4LsWvzTl.png

g8eeGQPl.png

Edited by Rebby
More images.

• 1 month later...

Adding in my two cents here in the form of this:

Basically I am playing a short PBEM game with a friend and documenting the game, dividing it into 10 minute segments of real-time gameplay to make editing easier. The video has my cheesy voice doing commentary and shows both the top-down map view of the battle as it progresses as well as snippets of closeups whenever something noteworthy happens. I'm posting more wargaming stuff (mostly combat mission games) every wednesday if I can edit the materian in time so feel free to check out the other videos if you like Combat Mission 2 as well as Black Sea.